Article 7's for call outs

21Savage

Anyone elses buildings going through this?

Seems like management is sticking to their guns on discipline this year. Can't even use a sick day without being called in the office.
Waiting to see if one actually sticks this year. Cuz if it doesn't, we'll just start calling their bluff alll year long, until August.

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Just because you run out of paid sick days doesn’t mean you can’t call out.
Give an hours notice.
They can’t do :censored2:.
Now if you have bad attendance anyways that’s on you

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
The contract gives us a specific number of PAID days off, be it sick, optiinal, whatever. (Its different everywhere).

There is ZERO languge that says you cant call out if you dont have any paid days off. Or, at least, i cant find the article that shows discipline for calling out when youve run out of paid days.

Im not saying the company shouldnt have the right to fire employees that dont want to work, but if your sick, have no days,and go to the drs and, especially, get a note, well then the company can go pound sand.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Nah only one sick day so far.

My steward got mine talked down to just a verbal but two other drivers in my center just got article 7 for their third call out, Saturday included even though they are m-friend drivers.
Explain how article 7 applies to calling out? What am i missing here

21Savage

Explain how article 7 applies to calling out? What am i missing here
Maybe I'm using the wrong term. But basically a working termination.

Here they're disciplining for every call out wether sick or not during the week and Saturday as well(for forced in rpcd) and then on the third or 4th one, fired.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
What is a "paid sick day"?
Come here I’ll show you
1674402304502.gif

Thebrownblob

Maybe I'm using the wrong term. But basically a working termination.

Here they're disciplining for every call out wether sick or not during the week and Saturday as well(for forced in rpcd) and then on the third or 4th one, fired.
How can you get fired on the fourth one?
Center Managers don’t have the ability to fire you. They can give you a pending termination. Then it will go to the hearing or panel, where they decide.
Unless of course, you just don’t show up to work three days in a row and don’t call you can get a 72 hour notice then. I’ve had drivers with five and six pending terminations for attendance. Usually if they cleaned up, they just get a couple of suspension days.

How can you get fired on the fourth one?
Center Managers don’t have the ability to fire you. They can give you a pending termination. Then it will go to the hearing or panel, where they decide.
Unless of course, you just don’t show up to work three days in a row and don’t call you can get a 72 hour notice then. I’ve had drivers with five and six pending terminations for attendance. Usually if they cleaned up, they just get a couple of suspension days.
Sounds like you need some sick days in your supplement!