ask an IE anything

Sportello

that's how Amazon handles it, their Fulfillment Centers are segregated by the size packages they handle

i wish we would do that, we could get back 20 years of building capacity just kicking the irregs out of the system
Do you mean go back to the old days? Are you old enough to realize that UPS used to have a furniture division?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
tired of the misinformation around this place, sups and hourlies both

ask me your deepest questions as to how this place functions and I can answer them below the VP level

spoiler: whatever bothers you is probably not intentional, just incompetence; if it's IE's fault I'll tell you true
Tell the truth, IE “fixes” things half the time for job security, amirite?

That would be logistics experts. IE is from bygone era.
89a4gc.jpg

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Can we get a hard key on the DIAD to take pictures?

Can we get a dog symbol added to the stop on the list function to warn cover drivers of a potential encounter? Much like the weight icon for overweights.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I think the altered business hours is a useful tool in theory, but can it be active for commercial delivery stops, not just pick ups? I have 12 pickups, but 65 commercial stops. If they're going to have a long weekend I'm instructed to leave a not for the dispatcher, seems janky.

Brownsocks

Just a dog

Can we get a dog symbol added to the stop on the list function to warn cover drivers of a potential encounter? Much like the weight icon for overweights.
Can we also get some kind of screen or screen protector for the Diads that actually works when wet? Can we get RF scanners that work in direct sunlight?

anonymous23456

I have to laugh at all these requests. You would think the :censored2: VP should have making rounds years ago at each center and take notes talking to drivers! I wish UPS is run by Elon Musk! I know Elon is insane, but he isn't lazy.

I think the altered business hours is a useful tool in theory, but can it be active for commercial delivery stops, not just pick ups? I have 12 pickups, but 65 commercial stops. If they're going to have a long weekend I'm instructed to leave a not for the dispatcher, seems janky.
Can we also get some kind of screen or screen protector for the Diads that actually works when wet? Can we get RF scanners that work in direct sunlight?
this is a learning thread not a :censored2:ing drive thru, go bitch to your shop steward you lazy thieving union THUGS

I have to laugh at all these requests. You would think the :censored2: VP should have making rounds years ago at each center and take notes talking to drivers! I wish UPS is run by Elon Musk! I know Elon is insane, but he isn't lazy.
so we could make shoddy products, buy unprofitable side businesses, then commit commercial suicide on television?

jokes aside, IS actually does solicit a lot of feedback for their DIAD improvements, but they have to work within budget, tech, and vendor restraints to deliver