ask an IE anything

oldngray

nowhere special
you have to dig a little bit and make sure the learning is off, "renew" which is their stupid eco-idiot "clean energy" crap, and also the schedules are totally clear, then it won't do anything but what you tell it

I read a lot and the basic gist is HVAC machinery wants to constantly run, the idea of turning off for hours then running hard back up to a temp may save some energy but it wears out your HVAC much faster and makes breakdowns/service calls more likely

tl;dr, learning thermostats are stupid and bad for machinery
They aren't allowed to install old simple thermostats any more. They all have to be fancy programmable ones.

Thebrownblob

you have to dig a little bit and make sure the learning is off, "renew" which is their stupid eco-idiot "clean energy" crap, and also the schedules are totally clear, then it won't do anything but what you tell it

I read a lot and the basic gist is HVAC machinery wants to constantly run, the idea of turning off for hours then running hard back up to a temp may save some energy but it wears out your HVAC much faster and makes breakdowns/service calls more likely

tl;dr, learning thermostats are stupid and bad for machinery
Yep that’s pretty much what the HVAC guy told me he said in the summer you should leave your fan running 24/7 because constantly shutting it on and off I’ll get you a large service bill for a replacement sooner

Nah
This new diad is just an off-the-shelf system with software pretty much everyone uses. It is not proprietary like our old diads used to be. FedEx uses a similar device probably made by Honeywell as well.

That is why they suck because it is made to work with multiple systems. The company felt the cost benefit was worth the hassle for us.

This is what you get when you’re giant corporation now. Anything to save a buck.
Are they saving bucks?

The time it takes even a bottom rate driver on straight time to restart over and over again has got to be adding up. Let alone top rate on overtime.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Are they saving bucks?

The time it takes even a bottom rate driver on straight time to restart over and over again has got to be adding up. Let alone top rate on overtime.
From a technical perspective, it's mostly the radio hardware that you can't get around.

Building an embedded system stack that can do everything that the diad can wouldn't be a huge deal for someone as big as UPS.
But in order to have it have wireless capabilities, you're going to essentially need a preexisting OS that Qualcomm, Samsung, and the other cellular chip makers have provided support for.

It's very secretive, and even on open platforms, support is generally provided by the manufacturers in the forms of compiled "blobs". This is why even Linux based platforms could be subjected to government or other entity backdoors.

Long story short, it's way easier to piggyback off of Android and let other massive companies pay for all the platform development, while they only need to focus on a single app.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
@ Ou812fu
Let me know which companies are us companies..please
Also I will never put money into any company that the top to investor are black rock, and vanguard..

I’m just referring to the s&p 500. Which as you probably already know, are some of the most profitable companies in the U.S.

Yeah I just allocate certain percentages to the Russell 2000, s&p 500, international and nasdaq index etfs and it’s worked very well for me over the last 16 years
[/QUOTE]

so out of curiosity i looked at the stats for the company
here are some interesting takeaways in no order:
  • month of dec we were almost dead-on with vol projections
    • cyber week is now peak week, and we were about 4% under LY
  • due to ORION initiatives, our driven miles were WAY LOWER
    • SPC, helpers, vol, piece per car, etc (basically every other metric) on peak day matched 2022, so the miles reduction is almost entirely thanks to the increase in % routes ODO
      • SEETHE HATERS
gifrelated.gif

1629563610526.gif

1455245794321.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
    • SPC, helpers, vol, piece per car, etc (basically every other metric) on peak day matched 2022, so the miles reduction is almost entirely thanks to the increase in % routes ODO
      • SEETHE HATERS
View attachment 460990

View attachment 460988

View attachment 460989
Ain’t nobody following that :censored2:

Sixth Punch Sense

• SEETHE HATERS
View attachment 460990

View attachment 460988

View attachment 460989
I ran 30 miles under what Orion wanted me to do today.