ask an IE anything

Sporhwhore

No one has said anything about Orion where I am since probably before Covid.🤷‍♂️
The last conversation I remember having about it I was told I needed to follow it 89% and only so many trace brakes blah blah blah. I informed Center Manager at the time that it would either be 100% or my way because I don’t know what 89% is as I’m just a dumb truck driver. Nothing else was ever said about it again.
Same it’s 💯 or my way! Too many variables not to mention computer dispatch screen and DIAD order don’t even match… then you throw in dynamic Orion it’s almost laughable

JustDeliverIt

change doesn't happen in a day

Not expecting it to in a day, this route has been wrong for the year I have had it. Others are like that too.

They know there are issues but if production is fine they’ll fudge numbers somewhere to make everything work and never go back to fix anything.

Not expecting it to in a day, this route has been wrong for the year I have had it. Others are like that too.

They know there are issues but if production is fine they’ll fudge numbers somewhere to make everything work and never go back to fix anything.
J2zwN64xc4wgw.gif

bumped

When Orion first came the dispatchers were trained pretty well, and they seemed to fix many of the issues. Now, I can't even get my dispatcher to put the new streets in. The dispatchers lately have no idea how to use the program.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When Orion first came the dispatchers were trained pretty well, and they seemed to fix many of the issues. Now, I can't even get my dispatcher to put the new streets in. The dispatchers lately have no idea how to use the program.
Why do they always put the biggest dummy on the dispatch

Why do they always put the biggest dummy on the dispatch
because most managers and DM's come from the on-road side and that's what they think makes good management (hint: it doesn't, our ORS are basically the dregs of our management pool)

so they send their castoffs to dispatch, not realizing a bad dispatch out the door is IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX NO MATTER HOW MANY "STUD" ORS YOU THROW AT THE PROBLEM

You say it's math, yet it is math that is figured to show positive, not the actual investment with an actual return.
this is not even close to being true; there is a constant constant CONSTANT effort to cut anything that even looks remotely unprofitable

ORION is the literal perfect example, there is no one high up protecting it, if it didn't make money (despite all the flaws) it would have been shot twice in the back (clinton suicide style) and left in a ditch years ago no matter what PR was put out on it

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
To summarize this entire thread then, IE actually knows what its doing, ORION is great, knuckle-dragging over-allowed union dregs are clueless and Carol Tome is the greatest CEO in UPS history.

To summarize this entire thread then, IE actually knows what its doing
so the problem with this statement is IE fundamentally is a support structure, it doesn't actually make directional decisions for the company and never has (IE was never given reins to anything, this is a total myth [the idea of any one function having "reins" to a company is ludicrous])

directional decisions mostly come from finance or marketing, with IE providing the planning backbone (willingly or otherwise) to those directions
as a support structure, yeah i would say IE knows what its doing maybe 90-95% of the time

ORION is great
yes it's a great technology implemented on a poor organization

knuckle-dragging over-allowed union dregs are clueless
no, they just listen to their direct sups for who to blame, which is total insanity considering the rest of the time they complain those sups are idiots

and Carol Tome is the greatest CEO in UPS history.
hell no, not even close but way better than Abney

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
so the problem with this statement is IE fundamentally is a support structure, it doesn't actually make directional decisions for the company and never has (IE was never given reins to anything, this is a total myth [the idea of any one function having "reins" to a company is ludicrous])

That's an interesting statement.

I can't tell you.. how many times.. the operational people throw IE under the bus when they are getting

their asses kicked in grievance hearings. According to them.... IE dictates everything.

That's an interesting statement.
I can't tell you.. how many times.. the operational people throw IE under the bus when they are getting
their asses kicked in grievance hearings. According to them.... IE dictates everything.
ludicrous beyond belief, though they really just don't understand how it works and regurgitate what their DM tells them

what their DM knows though is that they actually run 90% of the show and routinely tell IE to :censored2: off with zero repercussion, then when :censored2: goes sideways they turn around and blame IE, because i mean :censored2: it why not, the IE coordinator for a district is the same level as random-DM so no one close to their level is around to challenge them on random-issue-#420

edit: and even if the IE coordinator does fight them on an issue, the Ops Manager will back the DM 99.99% of the time out of principle

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
this is not even close to being true; there is a constant constant CONSTANT effort to cut anything that even looks remotely unprofitable

ORION is the literal perfect example, there is no one high up protecting it, if it didn't make money (despite all the flaws) it would have been shot twice in the back (clinton suicide style) and left in a ditch years ago no matter what PR was put out on it
You say it is profitable. But how much did it cost?