TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Maybe I'm different, I respect the truth. Perhaps it's my wisdom in my age
it's easy to say that on a forum but you're human like everyone else

Nobody respects hypocrisy either, from a Company that screams and yells about safety 10 months out of the year, only to turn a complete blind eye to it for two+ months, in the name of ungodly profits.
i don't know how much you've studied history, but honesty is almost always the worst policy and hypocrisy the best by far

IESucks

it's easy to say that on a forum but you're human like everyone else

i don't know how much you've studied history, but honesty is almost always the worst policy and hypocrisy the best by far
Wrong again IE man, truth always best. This forum means nothing to me. Lmao. All fun

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
When will this company tell the truth; that they can't maintain an infrastructure, fleet, and the staffing necessary to accommodate the ever increasing influx of volume for essentially 2 months of the year?

When they come to the realization, that no matter how much they pay....

the skinny pants millennial generation, is not the future of physical labor ?

"Hence the need" for automated Hubs.

How much longer will the Union allow a bunch of pencil neck, keyboard punchers to mortgage our health, safety, and "most important stop", in order to satisfy the unrealistic expectations of our shippers and their customers?

Isn't that being addressed ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When they come to the realization, that no matter how much they pay....

the skinny pants millennial generation, is not the future of physical labor ?

"Hence the need" for automated Hubs.
Excellent point on the "they" vs "we".

No matter how much I try to resist the Company's hypnosis, I too occasionally fall victim.

As far as your assertion that the "millennial generation" and their work ethic, or lack thereof, is responsible for the race to automate, I can't agree.

Like most everything else, this is being driven by perceived savings in cost and liabilities.

Was there ever a generation that could match these expectations?
How much longer will the Union allow a bunch of pencil neck, keyboard punchers to mortgage our health, safety, and "most important stop", in order to satisfy the unrealistic expectations of our shippers and their customers?
Isn't that being addressed ?

I just saw my hours of service extended from 60 to 70 hours a week?

There's a difference between being "addressed" and being "resolved".

....I am more interested in the later.

~Bbbl~™

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had one customer ask if the problems in Louisville would affect their shipments. Another was absolutely livid that their NDA paychecks didn't come today. Oh and the paycheck people ship with us.

Keep up the good work Atlanta.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Had one customer ask if the problems in Louisville would affect their shipments. Another was absolutely livid that their NDA paychecks didn't come today. Oh and the paycheck people ship with us.

Keep up the good work Atlanta.
Our paycheck were late in my hub last week
Didn't effect those with direct deposit, but those with live checks (the helpers), weren't happy.

OrionsBitch

Not...
UPS doesn't give a :censored2: because where exactly are the customers going to go? FedEx? USPS? C'mon.....let's be honest. The delivery industry is basically a combined monopoly. A few companies have a strangle hold on the market. It's like cable companies and isp companies.

Sure UPS wants their image to look good. Sure they want to do a good job. But spending millions more for a two month period that will eventually blow over.....not worth it.

From my perspective as a driver it would be nice to have a ton more seasonals working to ease my load. But from a business standpoint you can't blame them. This time of year everyone is backed up so it doesn't really matter. Nobody is going to switch providers because of a two month busy season.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS doesn't give a :censored2: because where exactly are the customers going to go? FedEx? USPS? C'mon.....let's be honest. The delivery industry is basically a combined monopoly. A few companies have a strangle hold on the market. It's like cable companies and isp companies.

Sure UPS wants their image to look good. Sure they want to do a good job. But spending millions more for a two month period that will eventually blow over.....not worth it.

From my perspective as a driver it would be nice to have a ton more seasonals working to ease my load. But from a business standpoint you can't blame them. This time of year everyone is backed up so it doesn't really matter. Nobody is going to switch providers because of a two month busy season.
FedEx express on time delivery last week 97%+

Ups was something like 83%.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Take their money, let the stuff sit. Eventually, it will get done and the market will work things out.
It is not like Christmas has a different date each year. I deliver all my crap everyday but I do not give Two Sheets if somebody gets there box of crap on time

Box Ox

"The world’s biggest package-delivery company has been preparing for months to handle the spike in shipments during the peak holiday season, implementing a 27-cent surcharge"

"UPS spokesman Steve Gaut said Tuesday, causing a “bubble” to develop at certain package centers."

"The bubble has worked its way through the system, and we expect everything to be back in line with our forecasts by tomorrow,” Gaut said."

Yeah, OK, Baghdad Bob. LOL

2vkf586.jpg