Attention Part Timers!!!

nWo

The cost of healthcare has grown much faster than inflation. So, the total compensation cost of part time workers is way up considering the cost of healthcare. If UPS want to give a higher wage to part timers like 25 an hour to start without healthcare ok but allow senior part timers to keep healthcare.

Under no circumstances are we taking away anyone's health insurance.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
The cost of healthcare has grown much faster than inflation. So, the total compensation cost of part time workers is way up considering the cost of healthcare. If UPS want to give a higher wage to part timers like 25 an hour to start without healthcare ok but allow senior part timers to keep healthcare.
The only reason for that is because of all the meme bloat jobs in healthcare, but that’s outside of our control for now. The insurance machine is a different beast that doesn’t get as much attention as it should. Regardless, $25 is still my minimum. I want $30 and I will die on that hill, lol.
10 administrators for every 1 doctor. We deserve a better healthcare system - PNHP.

dudebro

Under no circumstances are we taking away anyone's health insurance.
Of course no one would "take it away" It can be hollowed out by a thousand little cuts just like has happened to everyone else. Even unions aren't immune.

They're worth roughly as much as the PT employee gets in cash. PTers are really making between 35-40/hr, fully allocated.
Most part timers never recieve those benefits. It's too long of a wait, at too low of a wage, for too few hours. They need full employment and they just can't make it work.

Jfc man, you and about a thousand other guys on here don't get it. If you exclude the PT workforce from the healthcare plan, we don't get ours either. It would probably triple the premium for FT employees if you pulled 200k people out of the plans.