Attention Part Timers!!!

TheWeasel

I'd just like to point out on healthcare: Part-timers make so little money that they often qualify for Medicaid, which makes the UPS Healthcare plan somewhat redundant. For a time I did. Combine that with the ability to stay on parents plans until 26 and it isn't as enticing a benefit as you think it is.

I don't say this to badmouth it, because it is exceptionally good for those that need it. But I just want to put it into perspective why many PTers might not see the value in it because there  isnt any for them.

542thruNthru

Jfc man, you and about a thousand other guys on here don't get it. If you exclude the PT workforce from the healthcare plan, we don't get ours either. It would probably triple the premium for FT employees if you pulled 200k people out of the plans.
Its amazing how many people don't realize that.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I guess the PT members should be happy they receive anything for a paycheck. It all goes for their benefits.
If they even receive it at all. Meanwhile management shaves entire hours and even hold their checks hostage. These smoothbrains will cause a crisis one day and I really hope I don’t get to witness that :censored2:. The business agent and I have warned them just pay people on time and hand them their check. The area we are in is pretty bad.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I'd just like to point out on healthcare: Part-timers make so little money that they often qualify for Medicaid, which makes the UPS Healthcare plan somewhat redundant. For a time I did. Combine that with the ability to stay on parents plans until 26 and it isn't as enticing a benefit as you think it is.

I don't say this to badmouth it, because it is exceptionally good for those that need it. But I just want to put it into perspective why many PTers might not see the value in it because there  isnt any for them.
I qualified for it and it helped me out bunches when I was on tweaking last year and took a ride to the hospital since my heart was racing. Did the same with this insurance except it was chest pain that turned out to be cartilage inflammation of the ribs and didn’t pay for anything for the short ambulance ride and only paid $25 for the ER visit. This insurance is great, and there were a couple pretty ladies at the ER lol.

Brownwind

If they even receive it at all. Meanwhile management shaves entire hours and even hold their checks hostage. These smoothbrains will cause a crisis one day and I really hope I don’t get to witness that :censored2:. The business agent and I have warned them just pay people on time and hand them their check. The area we are in is pretty bad.
Direct deposit solves part of this

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yeah I know. I made that wait. Though I haven't heard of a 9 year wait since 22.4s came in. If you're waiting for more 22.3 positions to be made you'll be waiting even longer than that.
Makes me scratch my head when I hear people who go to work at a transportation company but don't want to drive, then proceed to complain about the lack of non-driving full-time job opportunities.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Direct deposit solves part of this
It does mostly, but I’ve had complaints of them not getting paid on that either. Also in my hub for some reason they rather get a paper stub than direct deposit. With the physical checks management at the time shifted the blame on the weather and derailment in Texas and the labor manager said they should be coming in through air. So far I haven’t heard any hold ups since then, but it was pretty stressful at the time.

TheWeasel

18 years to go FT? Yeah you're full of it. It doesn't take you 18 years to go driving.
Air Hub buddy. We don't have driving positions. The local ground hubs do, but it is an outside hire. Sign up this year said that only people with 2002 seniority or older were even going to be  considered for driving positions. Everyone else can pound sand. Ironically faster to become 22.3.

We get stuck with the same :censored2:ty PT payscale that ground hubs get because all economic proposals are handled on the national level. Despite the fact that "PT" here is 35-40hrs a week outside of peak.

542thruNthru

Makes me scratch my head when I hear people who go to work at a transportation company but don't want to drive, then proceed to complain about the lack of non-driving full-time job opportunities.
Exactly!

It's like if I joined the navy and then told them... "yeah but I don't do boats so I'm going to need you to work around that."