August 1 Raise.

Johney

Honestly at this point I'll surprised if we don't go on strike. I could be wrong, of course, but O'Brien seems determined to challenge this company (I'm 100 percent behind that too) and we know how arrogant this company tends to be ...

At the same time I'd be surprised if many people would cross the picket. That said ... those of us who know better, and have the ability, should also prepare to help brothers and sisters who may need assistance. Because that will happen if we strike.
The company is not going to fall on their face like the last strike. In their minds they're prepared for it. In 97 you couldn't take someone off the street to do any jobs there, now? You have PAL label that have dumbed down loading,EDD,ORION,Navigation,etc. that has taken away what we had in 97...area knowledge. Not sure about some other place's but here it'd be about a week and a half tops and they would have plenty crossing. There are few here left from 97. All I can say is good luck guys I'll definitely be watching from the sidelines and will show at any picket lines to give my support.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Does being broke now but saving for an awesome back 9 of life a good path? Not being sarcastic. Serious question
We have lived as if we are poor for many years. We’ve managed to pay off all our debt, and have built a nice emergency fund and an ever growing nest egg. Still manage to do nice things for the kids every once in a while, so we don’t live like complete monks.

Phenom5

We use the CPI formula which I believe takes out the cost of housing and the cost of fuel lol could be some other things I don’t really know about but I think it’s mostly false numbers made to make the economy look better than it is
We use CPU urban workers. So gas should be a factor. It's based off normal worker expenses. It's the difference from the current year and the past year minus 3%.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
The company is not going to fall on their face like the last strike. In their minds they're prepared for it. In 97 you couldn't take someone off the street to do any jobs there, now? You have PAL label that have dumbed down loading,EDD,ORION,Navigation,etc. that has taken away what we had in 97...area knowledge. Not sure about some other place's but here it'd be about a week and a half tops and they would have plenty crossing. There are few here left from 97. All I can say is good luck guys I'll definitely be watching from the sidelines and will show at any picket lines to give my support.
After 2 days all the pt employees would have jobs elsewhere. They dont need to cross.

Dumbo

Spend it on self sufficiency. Get a generator, start a large garden, get some meat from a local butcher get medical supplies and water filtration systems, get solar lights, build a shelf stable pantry of canned goods, beans rice, peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, frozen veggies, dried fruits, canned chicken and tuna. Get zinc, magnesium vitamin D and iodine supplements. Build a chicken coop and get chickens. Get a curriculum to homeschool your kids. Stock up on bleach, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol. Get actual books on homesteading, 2 way radios, batteries, am/fm radio.

Most of you have no idea what we are actually in for. I have all of these things above. Started years ago but now every extra dime goes into more of it.

In one day you can go to home Depot and get several shelving units, and then hit Costco and spend $1000 and you will be ahead of 90% of the population.

Last edited:

JL 0513

I'm trying to figure out how this lousy COLA language was accepted by the union. While I'm thankful it's at least in there at all because many jobs have no such benefit. That said, if a cost of living adjustment is guaranteed to us, shouldn't it be adjusted to the cost of living? Like actually be alligned with the official inflation rate (even though the reported rate is fake). Actual inflation rate is in the mid teens, not just 8.5%.

So why is it written in a way that gets us a 4.5% total raise (including GWI) based on an 8.5% official government inflation figure? Hell of union we got here.

What is everyone doing with their pay decrease this year? Bump that 401k?

Thebrownblob

I'm trying to figure out how this lousy COLA language was accepted by the union. While I'm thankful it's at least in there at all because many jobs have no such benefit. That said, if a cost of living adjustment is guaranteed to us, shouldn't it be adjusted to the cost of living? Like actually be alligned with the official inflation rate (even though the reported rate is fake). Actual inflation rate is in the mid teens, not just 8.5%.

So why is it written in a way that gets us a 4.5% total raise (including GWI) based on an 8.5% official government inflation figure? Hell of union we got here.

What is everyone doing with their pay decrease this year? Bump that 401k?
The cola formula has been there for decades. I do not know how it was decided or who implemented it. I would agree it is less than adequate. But for the majority of those years it was never even used because inflation was never enough for it to kick in. What is this like the third one in 30 years? And two of them were the last two years.