August 1st

stink219

stink what did 85 people get fired for....with how short ups is on people you would think they would be back to work...
Only a few are cardinal infractions. But there are everything from excessive absenteeism to production issues. PRODUCTION ISSUES! That's crazy!!!
But that's what you get when you have the unqualified running the show.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Only a few are cardinal infractions. But there are everything from excessive absenteeism to production issues. PRODUCTION ISSUES! That's crazy!!!

sounds like one manager trying to prove a point...how long have these guys been out of work?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Exactly. You're going to get your money from the raise sometime. Who cares if it takes a year to get this thing fixed right. If you need a stinkin
seventy cent raise to get bye you're an idiot.

Did you mean "by" or was it "buy" or was it "idiot"? The irony is hilarious ... throwing stones and hit yourself! LOL

​You have to admit this is pretty funny ... I've been chuckling for minutes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yeah buddy, I'm trolling. That seems to be the BC flavor of the week.

The reasoning behind my statement, is that the majority of people who are thrilled that the supplements got voted down are calling for the renegotiating of the healthcare & pay rate part of the TA.

The healthcare and wages are covered under the master, NOT the supplements. So, anybody who would have voted for the Master but not the supplement, to only turn around and complain about issues that are covered IN the master, qualify as idiots.

​Yuuuupp!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The plan is just wait this out I'm sure. I mean what's ups incentive to move forward. We would have to vote no 2 more times before the chance of a strike even happening.

If the Teamsters strike over the supplements about something that is not in the supplements, then UPS would have the right to replace workers with permanent replacements.
At least that is what I have heard.
UPS might be hoping this is what happens ... hard to know what is UPS's game plan.

oldupsman

Did you mean "by" or was it "buy" or was it "idiot"? The irony is hilarious ... throwing stones and hit yourself! LOL

​You have to admit this is pretty funny ... I've been chuckling for minutes.

​That's okay Hoax. I'm glad I gave you a chuckle. You know how I feel about this whole situation.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Why should people get their jobs back for excessive absenteeism? I doubt getting fired for production issues is even half the story in almost all those situations.

Inthegame

If the Teamsters strike over the supplements about something that is not in the supplements, then UPS would have the right to replace workers with permanent replacements.
At least that is what I have heard.
UPS might be hoping this is what happens ... hard to know what is UPS's game plan.
UPS's game plan is to make lots of money. Hiring replacements wouldn't get that done. Now you have me "chuckling".

brown_trousers

Yeah buddy, I'm trolling. That seems to be the BC flavor of the week.

The reasoning behind my statement, is that the majority of people who are thrilled that the supplements got voted down are calling for the renegotiating of the healthcare & pay rate part of the TA.

The healthcare and wages are covered under the master, NOT the supplements. So, anybody who would have voted for the Master but not the supplement, to only turn around and complain about issues that are covered IN the master, qualify as idiots.

My apologies... I completely agree with you!
Its sad to see some of our fellow teamsters act like crooked politicians in how they use one contract to hold another one hostage. The NMA has been negotiated and voted on, the only issues we should be working out now are supplemental and rider issues.

brown_trousers

UPS's game plan is to make lots of money. Hiring replacements wouldn't get that done. Now you have me "chuckling".

Are you kidding? UPS would love to replace all of us top wage drivers. They could bring in a new younger generation of non-union workers and pay them less than half what we make with little to no benefits.

It would be tough the first few years as they wouldnt be nearly as efficient as us, but thats a sacrifice UPS is more than willing to make to secure profits in the long run

teamster 804

Are you kidding? UPS would love to replace all of us top wage drivers. They could bring in a new younger generation of non-union workers and pay them less than half what we make with little to no benefits.

It would be tough the first few years as they wouldnt be nearly as efficient as us, but thats a sacrifice UPS is more than willing to make to secure profits in the long run
I dont think that that would ever happen too many employees involved the Teamsters would not want to lose all those dues they might just take a stand.Put wages and benefits aside the way the company treats its employees is disgusting everybody is treated like they are worthless, no regard for homelife no appreciation for anything whatsoever safe driving,years of service,xmas turkeys even birthday cards.Employees get injured they get harrassed and told its there fault even put on a 72 for an injury or an accident.Besides the fact that they treat everbody like garbage they are making Billions in this economy on our backs.What does our Teamster president do he sells us out,there should be no concessions period end of story.The national agreement correct me of i am wrong only passed by an estimate of 3000 votes 18 supplements around country turned down to me it looks like the membership tried to take a stand up to this miserable company we all work for.This company that if you looked in the dictionary for a definition of corporate greed you would see United Parcel Service.Members took there stand and members still are.Where is our leader why give them unlimited extension for OUR contract,they deserve a favor that big!! Why!! Cant he see the numbers on the voting or do they even care.Unions need to take a stand or its over for unions in this country.HOFFA AND HALL STEP UP TO THE PLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kingOFchester

My apologies... I completely agree with you!
Its sad to see some of our fellow teamsters act like crooked politicians in how they use one contract to hold another one hostage. The NMA has been negotiated and voted on, the only issues we should be working out now are supplemental and rider issues.

First, I agree that continuing voting No because of healthcare would be wrong. It goes against the basis of the union. The majority has spoken and we all need to swallow that pill.

However, continuing to vote No on the supplements for other reasons is NOT holding the contract hostage. Those of us who are being removed from our current guaranteed premium healthcare into a lower plan, that is not guaranteed, are taking a concession. No question about that. Being that I am now going to have a deductible and higher costs for certain things, I would like to see something given in return.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch and say "we should all be equal", I would argue that there are many aspects to where we work that dictate different financial pictures for every area. Take pension, I read where some area's walk out with over 5k. And others at 3k. I am fine that my pension will be less. I accept that and don't expect us all to get lumped together and have those who were expecting a higher pension to loose a portion so that we are equal. Bringing the pension down to my level serves me no purpose. If it doesn't help me, then I don't expect others to loose what they were anticipating.

JMHO.

Side note, my main issue with my local is that they string new cover drivers for well over 1 year. I know a cover driver that has driven everyday ofr over a year and is still long way from getting seniority. In my local cover drivers are full time. But there is a casual agreement that makes its way into every contract stating that this practice allowed. It is BS. You get rid of that, and I am more likely to vote yes. In my center we have over 10 drivers that drive daily with no hopes of getting seniority in the foreseeable future.

Here is the exact TOTAL wording "6) The present casual agreements with each Local Union will
remain for the duration of this Agreement."

Yea, ok, thanks for spelling out that.....

OffRoutesPay

As a retired member of Local 804 and still have many contacts with stewards and board members , I can tell you that you have NO CLUE of what your taking about. Only 1 member as ever been fired for production in Local 804 and that was about 6 years ago. So please stick to what you have facts about. Members are getting fired in Local 804 for falsification of company documents, flagging packages, sheeting stops blocks away, sheeting packages as "not in" back in the building that the company is claiming dishonesty. The first 3 cases that went to arbitration were heard in 2009 under our old board and all 3 got fired with no back pay and the company has been steam rolling since. AGAIN get the facts.

stink219

As a retired member of Local 804 and still have many contacts with stewards and board members , I can tell you that you have NO CLUE of what your taking about. Only 1 member as ever been fired for production in Local 804 and that was about 6 years ago. So please stick to what you have facts about. Members are getting fired in Local 804 for falsification of company documents, flagging packages, sheeting stops blocks away, sheeting packages as "not in" back in the building that the company is claiming dishonesty. The first 3 cases that went to arbitration were heard in 2009 under our old board and all 3 got fired with no back pay and the company has been steam rolling since. AGAIN get the facts.
I too know a few of your boys. One is on your E board and is ready to jump ship. Maybe you can also shed some light on the 600 unanswered grievances too? Of course they would blame it on the last administration. Isnt that TDU rule #162? If you do talk to your old E board, tell Sausage Neck that maybe TDU helped him get elected, but his defense system is deplorable.

Inthegame

No they're not willing to make that sacrifice or their offer of early March would have been final. That "sacrifice" as you call it would have ruined the efficiency of the operation destroying the advantage UPS still holds in the business. Stock would have plummeted leaving the largest shareholders(the UPS negotiating team) a much reduced portfolio. It's corporate greed on a personal level that allowed this TA to go forward.