August 2023 vacation

Are you going to take the first week of August off next year?

• Total voters

Whither

Scofflaw
I won't factor the potential strike into my vacay plans next year. But I'm not living check to check. I've also been trying to get the word out since this past May that we may well be on strike and to prepare.

ManInBrown

Wouldn't let a possible strike dictate when I want to take my vacation.
If it happens, more time off, np.
Winner. I know 30 year drivers that take off every year the week of Labor Day and Memorial Day just to get those extra two days pay. You need two extra days pay that bad? I would never take those weeks off. When I’m on vacation I wanna know that everyone is miserable at work all five days. Not four days, and one day where the whole workforce is off. I would never let extra days pay or possible strike dictate my vacation picks.

Whither

Scofflaw
Winner. I know 30 year drivers that take off every year the week of Labor Day and Memorial Day just to get those extra two days pay. You need two extra days pay that bad? I would never take those weeks off. When I’m on vacation I wanna know that everyone is miserable at work all five days. Not four days, and one day where the whole workforce is off. I would never let extra days pay or possible strike dictate my vacation picks.
This is the way: take off the week before Monday holidays and add an extra day to your vacay.

But when I'm on vacay I take no pleasure imagining that "everyone is miserable at work all five days," which isn't necessarily true anyway ... and besides that's no way to think of your fellow Teamsters ... just enjoy your time off, brother, there's no need for ill wishes toward your brothers and sisters.

He may not be taking those weeks off because of the extra money.

Those 4 say work weeks usually suck

Especially the Tuesday after the holiday.

ManInBrown

He may not be taking those weeks off because of the extra money.

Those 4 say work weeks usually suck

Especially the Tuesday after the holiday.
Don’t suck in feeders. Everyday is the same. Black Friday, week after Thanksgiving, week of December 20th. It’s for the extra money. And they can do whatever they want, I just find it funny that they need two extra days pay that bad, when they already have the best jobs with unlimited OT.

Don’t suck in feeders. Everyday is the same. Black Friday, week after Thanksgiving, week of December 20th. It’s for the extra money. And they can do whatever they want, I just find it funny that they need two extra days pay that bad, when they already have the best jobs with unlimited OT.
Everyone has their own reasons , I guess

newfie

my first question what is the union asking for that they absolutely refuse to compromise on. ?

you have no leadership negotiating and I assume asking for different things?

newfie

Honestly there's many things that need to be addressed I think finally we got some leadership that's not going to cave in like the last administration.
I've seen a lot of these in the 40 years I've been there . Every contract has been an overall improvement with give and take from both sides.
both sides have things they need . Both sides have things they can give to get what they need.
company always reminds the union of competitive pressures they face. Union always talks tough.
at some point they have to work together . figuring out where that point is , is half the fun.

qdg2

I'm set to retire.

But I did schedule all of August off.....just in case something happens.

Not sure what that might be.

However, I'm not going to be part of a strike except from poolside.

I'll be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Looking forward to it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I'm set to retire.

But I did schedule all of August off.....just in case something happens.

Not sure what that might be.

However, I'm not going to be part of a strike except from poolside.

I'll be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Looking forward to it.

What if the Company tries to steal your pension benefits ... will you still be by the pool?

I've seen a lot of these in the 40 years I've been there . Every contract has been an overall improvement with give and take from both sides.
both sides have things they need . Both sides have things they can give to get what they need.
company always reminds the union of competitive pressures they face. Union always talks tough.
at some point they have to work together . figuring out where that point is , is half the fun.
It's going to be a tough contract.

A strike would not surprise me

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Honestly there's many things that need to be addressed I think finally we got some leadership that's not going to cave in like the last administration.

Seriously what happened in the 2018 contract was just plain weird...Hoffa throwing out that 50 % participation voting bylaw seconds after finding out that the rank and file voted it down, was a clear indication that it was predestined to pass no matter what the voting results were.

Then he retired....🤔

Seriously what happened in the 2018 contract was just plain weird...Hoffa throwing out that 50 % participation voting bylaw seconds after finding out that the rank and file voted it down, was a clear indication that it was predestined to pass no matter what the voting results were.

Then he retired....🤔
I think it was his way of paying us back for almost getting voted out in 2016