August 2023 vacation

Are you going to take the first week of August off next year?

• Total voters

Thebrownblob

Now cause the company pays for it.
And they will continue to order I will be standing with my picket sign. I was told when I started this job I would miss a lot of family functions including the holidays but that my health and my family‘s health retirement would be taken care of. As well as a great wage. Definitely one of the three things I will walk for, especially healthcare.

Johney

And they will continue to order I will be standing with my picket sign. I was told when I started this job I would miss a lot of family functions including the holidays but that my health and my family‘s health retirement would be taken care of. As well as a great wage. Definitely one of the three things I will walk for, especially healthcare.
I’m just talking hypothetically if they were to hold out and break the union. I seriously doubt that’s going to happen, but what if?

Thebrownblob

I’m just talking hypothetically if they were to hold out and break the union. I seriously doubt that’s going to happen, but what if?
Like I said I’m not certain but regardless if some sort of lockout or strike happens or even if UPS were to be bought by another company the provisions of the contract and any subsequent agreement will have to be honored.

Johney

Like I said I’m not certain but regardless if some sort of lockout or strike happens or even if UPS were to be bought by another company the provisions of the contract and any subsequent agreement will have to be honored.
Wait a minute what contract? It expires July 31st so everything is null and void right?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Now cause the company pays for it.

Article 34 (master) Health and Welfare contributions...the Company is obligated by the contract to pay a weekly amount to our Healthcare providers...

About 500 a week for us Full Timers and I believe that the Part Timers get around 350.

Part of our compensation package...

Johney

Article 34 (master) Health and Welfare contributions...the Company is obligated by the contract to pay a weekly amount to our Healthcare providers...

About 500 a week for us Full Timers and I believe that the Part Timers get around 350.

Part of our compensation package...
I get that that’s the current supplement in the current contract right? So when that contract expires in August then what?

Thebrownblob

Wait a minute what contract? It expires July 31st so everything is null and void right?
You’re talking about a contract and about health insurance and pension issues they are not quite the same your entitlements are good for life. That is what the bail out was pretty much all about because if the fund had gone completely bankrupt the government was going to step in anyway. And even though UPS paid a large amount of money to withdraw from central states they are still deep in liability even now. And that will carry-on even if they had no more union or were bought by another Company.

Last edited: