August 2023 vacation

Are you going to take the first week of August off next year?

• Total voters

Started on Paper

You all know that it would take the President and maybe congress to approve us to on strike right?

The chance of us going on strike August 1st is pretty much zero. We will continue to work under the
current contract until a new one can be agreed upon.

I can hear it now "Where is my retro check".

Thebrownblob

You all know that it would take the President and maybe congress to approve us to on strike right?

The chance of us going on strike August 1st is pretty much zero. We will continue to work under the
current contract until a new one can be agreed upon.

I can hear it now "Where is my retro check".
No The president will not intervene, at least not until it drags on a few weeks if it were to do that.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I'll be on workers comp instead.

Taking the easy way out you think..better not see you on the picket line...both sides will be on sending videos to every international and national media outlets, U tube and be taking personal selfies That is one of the big differences between the "97" and the possible 2023 strike..for sure the Company does not want part of that, everything is pointing to an early settlement.

As far as federal involvement .. don't count on it...remember Bill Clinton was in office and Biden was his VP during the last one. That is another important factor for an early settlement. We are in a post pandemic economy, unemployment is low and any new hire worth their weight will be demanding top dollar particularly with our Blue collar jobs. Recession will still be rampant and people are starting to see the clear message of the (Haves and Have Nots) in our current social caste system. It would not be a pretty picture to see Carol on media play explaining her reasons to force a Strike or a Lock Out, just being a Woman is not going to cut it not when you clear 27,000,000 a year and also add her minions' annual salaries, stock incentives, pension benefits and exit packages.

I have to bring up the point that every major Union in America will be supporting us if we go on strike and all will be out there with major issues on what has occurred during this 3 year pandemic...Remember we are officially classified as (essential workers) by the federal government, any work stoppage will be pinned on the Companies leadership. If they start snooping around the Corporate offices with their new hand picked IRS agents they might dig up something, we all know just how Squeaking Clean those are. We are also forgetting the amount of dirt that the Union has on the Company also, both parties have the thumbs on the button, much like the cold war from the past and currently it would guarantee mutual destruction on both sides if pushed and the Union suffering the less causalities.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Received confirmation today that teamcare will pay all union members healthcare as long as they do not cross the picket line if there were a strike They have enough in reserves to pay everyone’s healthcare even if no money is coming in to the fund for more than 30 months.

If any of our own members do cross the picket line they will definitely need it.

Just saying...:fishbashsmile:

Received confirmation today that teamcare will pay all union members healthcare as long as they do not cross the picket line if there were a strike They have enough in reserves to pay everyone’s healthcare even if no money is coming in to the fund for more than 30 months.
If anyone crosses the picket line they're going to need more than team care

upschuck

My guess is Biden will support labor in this effort. If it comes to that.
Did he do that with the railroad strike? He stepped in, and got them what, a single call in day to go to the doctor? All because they handle soooo much of the gdp.

He'll probably do the same, step in and have them make us, at least vote on the proposed contract.

Thebrownblob

Did he do that with the railroad strike? He stepped in, and got them what, a single call in day to go to the doctor? All because they handle soooo much of the gdp.

He'll probably do the same, step in and have them make us, at least vote on the proposed contract.
Railroad unions have always been beholden to The president.