August 2023 vacation

Are you going to take the first week of August off next year?

• Total voters

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
He can’t afford to not support a private union against a private company. He will lose all credibility with labor.
Depends on his Green Raw Deal buddies. All the union pipeline jobs were private too. Government union jobs with zero accountability he would support.

Thebrownblob

Depends on his Green Raw Deal buddies. All the union pipeline jobs were private too. Government union jobs with zero accountability he would support.
In almost every instance it would be best to not have anybody from the federal government involved, just stay out of our way.

Last edited:

allahuakbar

She/Her
I've literally had people ask me and my steward. "So can keep working if we're on strike right? We don't have to part of it if we don't want to right?"

SMH...
I’m taking the unpaid vacation and getting a cash job while not on the lines. I’m not going back inside till we’re at $50 an hour. I’ll pull a Kramer from Seinfeld. Long haul strike.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Not likely.

1. UPSers are a bunch of pansies.

2. Cameras will be everywhere. You are GONE if you participate in a beat down.

It wouldn't be the UPS strikers that could go off on a scab..We had a lot of other Union members from different Companies who looked capable of doing some real harm and were more than willing to show it if the opportunity presented itself in the last one...thank god it didn't.

I far as I know we only had two drivers cross on the first day and it was for one day only...at the end of the strike everybody knew their names and what they did and that was only for one day. Recently one of them just retired and to their last day where know as a Scab and not to be trusted..also they always had the nasty tendency to snitch and run to management in order to look good. When the individual retired the Union co workers did a "happy dance" along with the management team who really, really hated said individual....

over9five

Staff member
It wouldn't be the UPS strikers that could go off on a scab..We had a lot of other Union members from different Companies who looked capable of doing some real harm and were more than willing to show it if the opportunity presented itself in the last one...thank god it didn't.
Good point. Here we had the "Strike Squad". I don't know where they came from, but the local sent them in to start trouble (knowing UPSers would not). They did some crazy sh...... stuff.

over9five

Staff member
I far as I know we only had two drivers cross on the first day and it was for one day only...at the end of the strike everybody knew their names and what they did and that was only for one day. Recently one of them just retired and to their last day where know as a Scab and not to be trusted..also they always had the nasty tendency to snitch and run to management in order to look good. When the individual retired the Union co workers did a "happy dance" along with the management team who really, really hated said individual....
We only had one cross here. The idiot, it was the last day. Everyone hated him after, even management. They told him he could stay thru Peak, but he was to be gone after.