Back to Work ugh

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I like my fellow drivers but I don’t get when some of them are punched out and will chat about their day for another 45 minutes. Go home dude!
This, and the guys who get to work 45 minutes early and sit in the office until start time. Nothing good is going on in there. Either they are trying to control the board and who does what route, or they're just gossiping like women in a typing pool. Or both. I'll see you 5 minutes before start time...bump me if you want, I have no problem with it. Show up, work as directed, go home.

BiggieBrown

Since I wasn't feelin it yesterday and called out should I just go ahead and snag another day?
I heard it's still just one occurrence (at owl creek bridge)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I like my fellow drivers but I don’t get when some of them are punched out and will chat about their day for another 45 minutes. Go home dude!
Worse yet, the ones who come in at 6:45 AM and hang out for two hours and watch the preload. I like being at work a little early myself, to "settle into work mindset" but....

Days

Worse yet, the ones who come in at 6:45 AM and hang out for two hours and watch the preload. I like being at work a little early myself, to "settle into work mindset" but....

The worst. And then they go their trucks and start becoming an egress issue

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The worst. And then they go their trucks and start becoming an egress issue
Yeah, we've got a few drivers like that. They're real uptight, high strung, take themselves way too seriously to boot. Come in and start ripping apart and customizing their trucks at or before 8am. Think they're something special. :D Suckers!

Days

Yeah, we've got a few drivers like that. They're real uptight, high strung, take themselves way too seriously to boot. Come in and start ripping apart and customizing their trucks at or before 8am. Think they're something special. :D Suckers!

Really? I have a driver like that. I don’t understand it

WTFm8

We have lots of guys who take their lunch in the office at the end of the day. The less time I spend at the center the better.

Get your BA down there and put a stop to that crap.

Taking lunches on-route pushes the day later making more drivers have to be scheduled to make business commits. Creates temporary issues from not having enough residential delivered by time you need to do pickups, run out of space a couple times and they’ll give you less residential or make someone else do the pickup.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Get your BA down there and put a stop to that crap.

Taking lunches on-route pushes the day later making more drivers have to be scheduled to make business commits. Creates temporary issues from not having enough residential delivered by time you need to do pickups, run out of space a couple times and they’ll give you less residential or make someone else do the pickup.

You're preaching to the choir. I've been trying to set an example and explain to people why they need to take their lunches on route. My center has only a small handful of people who are interested or involved in the union. Having the BA force the issue won't help relations.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You're preaching to the choir. I've been trying to set an example and explain to people why they need to take their lunches on route. My center has only a small handful of people who are interested or involved in the union. Having the BA force the issue won't help relations.
You sound like me man. Every night when I walk in the office to punch out I ask the same 3-4 drivers what they're doing and why they didn't take their lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour per the contract.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I understand some drivers have to be here that early to beat the horrible Bay Area bridge traffic around here. Luckily I live 5 blocks from my hub. I leave my house 15 mins before start time.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
They’re real special alright. Working for free must be awesome. Plus the grievances filed on them for stealing preload work is such a joy I’d imagine. I wouldn’t know