Backs shot SOS

Rad

Long story short my backs :censored2:ed mate. Love the job and environment get along well with everyone don’t wanna lose it . Actually enjoy the workout I get . But yeah I’m not sure how bad but my back is in some solid pain ... can I miss during peak to try and heal ? Workman’s comp is out of play (may or may not engage in the green occasionally) any advice helps don’t wanna have to not work with UPS anymore :/

IESucks

Long story short my backs :censored2:ed mate. Love the job and environment get along well with everyone don’t wanna lose it . Actually enjoy the workout I get . But yeah I’m not sure how bad but my back is in some solid pain ... can I miss during peak to try and heal ? Workman’s comp is out of play (may or may not engage in the green occasionally) any advice helps don’t wanna have to not work with UPS anymore :/
Seriously? Don't want to go on workers comp cause you do drugs ?

watdaflock?

Long story short my backs :censored2:ed mate. Workman’s comp is out of play (may or may not engage in the green occasionally) any advice helps don’t wanna have to not work with UPS anymore :/
Chiropractor is one option. Maybe even a massage therapist. I mean a real deep tissue massage, and not the type of "massage" given by that old Asian lady, who you pay extra for a happy ending.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
tumblr_n6ojtdWZKI1tbh1dho1_400.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Use sick time and/or fmla. My experience with back pain is if it's not so bad that you are in the ER or urgent care right this second, then pop some advil, get the time off work, see a doctor to make sure it isn't really serious. If it's a muscle or tendon injury, it will hurt for a while, and can take around a year to heal. Try to carry on as normal as you can, if you lay around waiting for it to feel better, your muscles will atrophy and you will reinjure yourself if you try to go full speed right away.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Listen knucklehead, if you got hurt as a result of your shift at UPS, then report the injury to your supervisor. Don’t listen to them cry about their numbers, you may have a serious injury that requires many levels of care. Don’t be a pansy, go on Comp if you got hurt at work.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

What is your doctor's medical evaluation of your injury ?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Listen knucklehead, if you got hurt as a result of your shift at UPS, then report the injury to your supervisor. Don’t listen to them cry about their numbers, you may have a serious injury that requires many levels of care. Don’t be a pansy, go on Comp if you got hurt at work.
He may (or may not) have been high. ;)

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
See doctor - don't mess around with back (cervical/thoracic/lumbar spine).
Doctor determines if pain is:
  • Muscular
  • Neurological (includes structural)
Ask to see Physical Therapist
  • Stretching
  • Exercise including core strengthening
THIS IS THE HARD PART
THIS IS THE REST OF YOUR LIFE PART

Follow the instructions provided by physical therapist for the remainder of your life.​

--
Our bodies will age and we can't stop aging damage.
Our bodies will develop wear and tear.
We can strengthen known weak areas proactively or after pain/injury.

Also, don't sit on wallet when driving.
Check your shoes for wear.
Find a machine for shoe insert recommendations.

And all those Safety Instructions...body movements...MAKE them part of your life, everyday, at home and work.

All those people who claim working safe slows you down, you're wrong.
Develop a habit and do it all the time.

Don't TWIST!
Move your feet. It is called PIVOTING!!!
Suck that gut in and make core strong.

Now,
Stay hydrated, work safe and remember to never trust people on the side of road.
If you can't see cord trailing to ears, they maybe using Bluetooth earbuds.​

Remember, a phone is more important than looking when crossing street.
Kiss that goodbye.
The days of pedestrian looking, left, right, left before stepping into street is history.

The sermon is over...

oldngray

nowhere special
See doctor - don't mess around with back (cervical/thoracic/lumbar spine).
Doctor determines if pain is:
  • Muscular
  • Neurological (includes structural)
Ask to see Physical Therapist
  • Stretching
  • Exercise including core strengthening
THIS IS THE HARD PART
THIS IS THE REST OF YOUR LIFE PART

Follow the instructions provided by physical therapist for the remainder of your life.​

--
Our bodies will age and we can't stop aging damage.
Our bodies will develop wear and tear.
We can strengthen known weak areas proactively or after pain/injury.

Also, don't sit on wallet when driving.
Check your shoes for wear.
Find a machine for shoe insert recommendations.

And all those Safety Instructions...body movements...MAKE them part of your life, everyday, at home and work.

All those people who claim working safe slows you down, you're wrong.
Develop a habit and do it all the time.

Don't TWIST!
Move your feet. It is called PIVOTING!!!
Suck that gut in and make core strong.

Now,
Stay hydrated, work safe and remember to never trust people on the side of road.
If you can't see cord trailing to ears, they maybe using Bluetooth earbuds.​

Remember, a phone is more important than looking when crossing street.
Kiss that goodbye.
The days of pedestrian looking, left, right, left before stepping into street is history.

The sermon is over...
giphy.gif