Ballots coming the first week in september.... what the....?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The IBT is sending out ballots for the second vote and they should start arriving the first week in september. Here in southern california, we havent had a contract meeting since the rejection of the master, rider and supplemental. NO ONE from the IBT or our locals has called a meeting to discuss why we voted down the contract.

For us in the west, despite the letter from K.Hall advising us to "go pound sand", we will continue to vote DOWN the riders and supplementals and hold up this contract until the IBT discusses health insurance coverage with us.

VOTE NO, again.

Peace

TOS

quamba 638

The IBT is sending out ballots for the second vote and they should start arriving the first week in september. Here in southern california, we havent had a contract meeting since the rejection of the master, rider and supplemental. NO ONE from the IBT or our locals has called a meeting to discuss why we voted down the contract.

For us in the west, despite the letter from K.Hall advising us to "go pound sand", we will continue to vote DOWN the riders and supplementals and hold up this contract until the IBT discusses health insurance coverage with us.

VOTE NO, again.

Peace

TOS
. This time around, Ken is in charge of counting them.

Skooney

Our vote in the west, on the Master obviously played no bearing as it was not rejected.

Secondly, if I'm not mistaken the west was within 1000 votes and the teamsters have discussed health care as far as they are going to I can imagine. What a crock, right? The real issue will be this week when people realize they aren't getting a raise...

I am also part of the western and am hopeful for a no vote, I'm just not very optimistic we will get it this time. The letter was a great scare tactic, and considering we also haven't had a single meeting with regards to the contract, they must feel strongly about it.

I too will be voting no.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

VOTE NO, again.

Peace

TOS

Same story here. Until they have the decency to sit down and talk to us about our problems. It's a no vote.

preload1

VOTE NO, again.

Peace

TOS
How do you stupid, lazy, obama-loving, union supporting, UPS-hating teamsters love what hoffa and hall and your B.A.'s have done to you now? Nitwits.

holy1

how can anyone in the west vote yes when we are kept in the dark as to what our health care will be. we need to be informed to be able to vote what a crock

BrownBrokeDown

How do you stupid, lazy, obama-loving, union supporting, UPS-hating teamsters love what hoffa and hall and your B.A.'s have done to you now? Nitwits.

Why are you here? There are those of us union supportors that voted no. I have seen just as many stupid and lazy non-union people as i have union people. The fact is (I'm going to presume you fall under this category) holding the supplements hostage because you don't like the national accomplishes nothing. Put all that energy to finding candidates to replace the union people that you don't approve of. In the long run if they are legitimately better, would that not help more than fighting something that the majority voted for and is a done deal? Btw, from your post you are a teamster hater, why are you working at UPS? You're piggybacking the teamsters to get the pay/benefits/job protection that no non-union job has.

I do agree with those of you that are complaining that they are sending ballots without holding any union meetings. Totally :censored2:ty.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Why are you here? There are those of us union supportors that voted no. I have seen just as many stupid and lazy non-union people as i have union people. The fact is (I'm going to presume you fall under this category) holding the supplements hostage because you don't like the national accomplishes nothing. Put all that energy to finding candidates to replace the union people that you don't approve of. In the long run if they are legitimately better, would that not help more than fighting something that the majority voted for and is a done deal? Btw, from your post you are a teamster hater, why are you working at UPS? You're piggybacking the teamsters to get the pay/benefits/job protection that no non-union job has.

I do agree with those of you that are complaining that they are sending ballots without holding any union meetings. Totally :censored2:ty.

Health care was not a national issue until the IBT and ups made it one this contract. Anything can be dealt with on a supplemental level. Even our pay and it is in some places.

The IBT wants control of all the healthcare money. That's why we are basically being told to piss up a rope.

kingOFchester

Health care was not a national issue until the IBT and ups made it one this contract. Anything can be dealt with on a supplemental level. Even our pay and it is in some places.

The pension is spelled out by year and dollar amount in the master. Has been for years, but yet we all have different amount of years and payout. So yes, it could be addressed in supplements. Question is, will Hall and UPS agree to address it? Answer seems to be NO.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Even if this stunt by Hoffa and Hall was to pass in the West, it won't pass in the Southwest Rider, that is for sure! I'm sure more people will vote this time as lots of people did not receive ballots last time!

Skooney

The people in the west are not holding the national hostage. The national passed. Period.

The people in the west voted on a contract, and were given a piece of paper and the IBT stood up there and said this is what you "COULD" be getting in regards to healthcare... Is that really an acceptable deal? The fact of the matter is, we voted down the western, and the national. I'm telling you now, the IBT is banking on the fact no one has gotten raises to push this supplement through. Why else would they be sending ballots out? We have had no meetings, we have had no letters, no interaction what so ever from our local. They have zero interest in what we want, and why we voted the way we did...

They promised us comparable health care to what we currently have, but who's to say that we don't get anything close? We have NO idea.

Go preach to someone else about holding the national hostage. The IBT needs to do the right thing, period.