Ballots coming the first week in september.... what the....?

Per the tentative Central Sup "The UPS/IBT Plan will recognize full-time service in the CS Plan for determining eligibility for
the benefits in this section and will offset at Normal Retirement Age the benefits accrued from
the CS Plan commencing at Normal Retirement Age. If the benefit paid from the CS Plan is
reduced as permitted or required by law, the amount of such reduction shall not be included
in this offset."
Yea I know all this but your pension contribution goes to the ups/Ibt plan and anyone who has retired from jan 1 2008 gets their pension from this fund if you are in the central region. My business agents are still in central states but for ups central region teamsters we are out of it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yea I know all this but your pension contribution goes to the ups/Ibt plan and anyone who has retired from jan 1 2008 gets their pension from this fund if you are in the central region. My business agents are still in central states but for ups central region teamsters we are out of it.

...until we reach age 65.
Then those of us who had our liability bought out by UPS will receive two checks monthly.
One from the UPS fund and another from Central States, if Central States is still solvent.
I had 14 years the Central States fund before it was bought out, so unless I die before age 65, I will have a vested interest in Central States.

oldngray

nowhere special
Then those of us who had our liability bought out by UPS will receive two checks monthly.
One from the UPS fund and another from Central States, if Central States is still solvent.
I had 14 years the Central States fund before it was bought out, so unless I die before age 65, I will have a vested interest in Central States.

that .. until we reach age 65 was hidden in the fine print few people noticed. I am in same situation in Central States but most of pension is from UPS until 65 then I expect to get screwed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

And if you have any part-time years.... you will get a seperate check for that.

If by any chance, Central States does not remain solvent.... UPS is obligated to make up the difference.

​-Bug-

oldngray

nowhere special
If by any chance, Central States does not remain solvent.... UPS is obligated to make up the difference.

...... until age 65.

island1fox

The IBT is sending out ballots for the second vote and they should start arriving the first week in september. Here in southern california, we havent had a contract meeting since the rejection of the master, rider and supplemental. NO ONE from the IBT or our locals has called a meeting to discuss why we voted down the contract.

For us in the west, despite the letter from K.Hall advising us to "go pound sand", we will continue to vote DOWN the riders and supplementals and hold up this contract until the IBT discusses health insurance coverage with us.

VOTE NO, again.

Peace

TOS

TOS,

When you stop cheerleading for Obama --and open your eyes --just read the letter Hoffa sent to Obama relating to Obamacare and the killing of hard fought excellent won benefits for middle class Union people.

What else can he say to you --if you refuse to acknowledge that someone has to pay for Obamacare ---meaning you !!!:happy-very:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS,

When you stop cheerleading for Obama --and open your eyes --just read the letter Hoffa sent to Obama relating to Obamacare and the killing of hard fought excellent won benefits for middle class Union people.

What else can he say to you --if you refuse to acknowledge that someone has to pay for Obamacare ---meaning you !!!:happy-very:

I love how you play the Parrot game. First of all, Hoffa didnt write a letter to Obama, he was merely "signatory" to it. It was written by other union leaders.

Of course, you wouldnt know that cause you listen to dopes.

While the letter is critical of some aspects of the ACA, the letter doesnt attack Obama, but merely asks for assistance in clarifying some rules.

Then again, what do you care about the truth? You watch fox news.

Peace

TOS

island1fox

Hall and Hoffa received an "EYE OPENING EDUCATION" on the benefits killing power of Obamacare during negotiations --things they should have known before the Presidential election--maybe could have pushed for a dispensation from the wonderful law ---Obama does not need Hoffa now !!:wink2:

It would appear you need the same lesson.

Lets see --your main points --Hoffa did not write the letter --but signed it --and --Hoffa disagrees with Obama's prized legislation --but loves him ----?????

La-La land is such a happy place:happy-very: Nothing like uninformed voters thinking they are sh--house lawyers.

kingOFchester

1. Letter was not written to Obozo

2. Regardless of who fashioned the exact wording of the letter, Hoffa signed it. Disputing whether he wrote it is a mute point.

3. A large segment of OBozo's election platform was based on healthcare. Hoffa supported and endorsed Obozo before seeing what the healthcare reform would mean to the unions. Remember, we have to pass it, to see what's in it. Kind of like what has been asked of those of us in a ups HC plan. Being asked to vote on a contract that spells out HC but with know knowledge of what is in it. Anyone else see a patern here?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

2. Regardless of who fashioned the exact wording of the letter, Hoffa signed it. Disputing whether he wrote it is a mute point.

3. A large segment of OBozo's election platform was based on healthcare. Hoffa supported and endorsed Obozo before seeing what the healthcare reform would mean to the unions. Remember, we have to pass it, to see what's in it. Kind of like what has been asked of those of us in a ups HC plan. Being asked to vote on a contract that spells out HC but with know knowledge of what is in it. Anyone else see a patern here?

Again, NOBODY said "we have to pass the bill to see whats in it"..

How many times does this have to be pointed out to you knuckleheads?

Second, Hoffa was signatory to the letter and not responsible for its construction. As i said, The letter asked for help with clarifying rules but was not a letter denoucing the ACA.

Peace

TOS

Inthegame

OBozo? Really? Is that a clever piece of wordsmithing? Are you in third grade? Only pattern I see is your irritation with the duly elected President and his party. It has you almost matching TOS in long winded, convoluted conspiracy theories. You need to spend more time with your dog.

island1fox

Again, NOBODY said "we have to pass the bill to see whats in it"..

How many times does this have to be pointed out to you knuckleheads?

Second, Hoffa was signatory to the letter and not responsible for its construction. As i said, The letter asked for help with clarifying rules but was not a letter denoucing the ACA.

Peace

TOS

Tos,

The letter was not asking for clarification of the rules.

It clearly was denouncing Obamacare as hurting the middle class -- pushing employers to part time jobs and most Americans --including Union Members not being able to keep their Medical coverage as promised.
The letter clearly identified unforeseen very bad consequences.

Get real---your are in denial.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Did you actually listen to the clip or are you just hearing what YOU are told to hear. Point to the portion of the clip where she says "WE HAVE TO PASS THE BILL SO WE KNOW WHATS IN IT"....

vs... "we have to pass the bill so YOU know whats in it outside the fog of the controversy".... which is actually what she says.

Peace

TOS

Last edited by a moderator:

kingOFchester

TOS, You are playing semantics. I have listened to the entire 2010 speech, in context.

Your quote is wrong. If you are going to correct someone for not quoting properly, it would be prudent not to change the quote yourself.

The exact quote "“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy". Look at the bill like a contract that we have to follow. Would you re-mortgage your house if the loan officer wouldn't give you the details and said "“But we have to to sign the contract so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy"? I would even argue that the "away from fog of the controversy" doubled my issue with her statement. She is saying pass it without giving anyone the opportunity to debate it. 14 days later, our president signed it into law.

ITG, you are right. Calling Obama Obozo is not an accurate description. I probably should of just called him O-marxist. For the record, Bush 43rd was no peach either.

Last edited: