Baseball HOF 2017 class

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tim Raines a HOF yes or no?

Any other thoughts on the class????

Vlad should of gotten in but he will get in next year.

Brownslave688

If they let Pete in then definitely Bonds should be in as well.
I'm not saying bonds shouldn't be in but we are talking two way different scenarios.

I can't feel too sorry for Bonds or Clemons. They were hall of famers before they decided to juice up. If they hadn't cheated they'd be in.

Brownslave688

Yes. Raines was one heck of a player.
Lots of people don't realize just how good he was. Arguing some buddies right now that tons of others guys should be in over him.

Lou Brock first ballot HOF
image.png

Tim Raines took all 10 years of eligibility to get there.
image.png

MAKAVELI

I'm not saying bonds shouldn't be in but we are talking two way different scenarios.

I can't feel too sorry for Bonds or Clemons. They were hall of famers before they decided to juice up. If they hadn't cheated they'd be in.
And I can't feel sorry for Pete. He bet on baseball while while being a manager. Which is far worse than Bonds taking steroids when everyone in that era was on steroids. And if Pete Rose had gotten help for his gambling addiction before he became manager he would be in.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

And I can't feel sorry for Pete. He bet on baseball while while being a manager. Which is far worse than Bonds taking steroids when everyone in that era was on steroids. And if Pete Rose had gotten help for his gambling addiction before he became manager he would be in.
Lmao

How do you know when you're talking to bonds fan.....

MAKAVELI

Pete wasn't changing the outcome of the game but Barry was.
Oh really?
Report: Despite longstanding denials, Pete Rose bet on games while he was playing
New documents obtained by Outside the Lines indicate Rose bet extensively on baseball — and on the Cincinnati Reds — as he racked up the last hits of a record-smashing career in 1986. The documents go beyond the evidence presented in the 1989 Dowd report that led to Rose’s banishment and provide the first written record that Rose bet while he was still on the field.

“This does it. This closes the door,” said John Dowd, the former federal prosecutor who led MLB’s investigation.

Brownslave688

What do you tell guys like Griffey who played through the heart of the steroid area and managed to put up HOF numbers without cheating?

Brownslave688

Oh really?
Report: Despite longstanding denials, Pete Rose bet on games while he was playing
New documents obtained by Outside the Lines indicate Rose bet extensively on baseball — and on the Cincinnati Reds — as he racked up the last hits of a record-smashing career in 1986. The documents go beyond the evidence presented in the 1989 Dowd report that led to Rose’s banishment and provide the first written record that Rose bet while he was still on the field.

“This does it. This closes the door,” said John Dowd, the former federal prosecutor who led MLB’s investigation.
For starters Selig had it out for Rose. This info came out right about the time that he was starting to get heavy pressure to lift the ban. So I'm skeptical.

However I will say Rose needs to apologize be remorseful and be very open about what he did.

Rose will get in but not until he's dead or really close to it. It's a little more iffy with the steroid guys. Because they aren't banned they only have 10 years to get in.

Oh really?

Yes really. Bonds cheated to get that big fat paycheck. Also known as stealing.

Last edited: