Bathroom Break Policy for Drivers..??

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Screw them !!! Your bodily functions cant be put on Will Call or stop n hold !!! Do your business then keep on moving !! I doubt that they sit at there comfy desk pincihng their butt cheeks till it is their meal time !!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Screw them !!! Your bodily functions cant be put on Will Call or stop n hold !!! Do your business then keep on moving !! I doubt that they sit at there comfy desk pincihng their butt cheeks till it is their meal time !!!!

They dont need to. The IE department fits all new management hires with a plug prior to sending them out to their first assignment.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There is one thing I DO NOT miss from preload. The ever present used mountain dew bottle that has a liquid in it resembling the original product somewhat, not completely though. From a girls point of view who thinks like a 12 year old at times, being able to pee into the small container is not very impressive!

curiousbrain

There is one thing I DO NOT miss from preload. The ever present used mountain dew bottle that has a liquid in it resembling the original product somewhat, not completely though. From a girls point of view who thinks like a 12 year old at times, being able to pee into the small container is not very impressive!

When I first started working on preload, I went into a truck and there was one of the bags with a sloshy yellow liquid in it. I knew what it was, but being a good UPSer, I followed the methods: I didn't touch it, left the area, and notified my supervisor. He came over, took a look at it, and went to get the hazmat guy.

I'll never forget watching Mr. Hazmat, with little blue gloves, carrying a clear bag of yellow liquid out of the truck; it was at that moment that I sort of understood the ride I was in for when UPS hired me.

Last edited by a moderator:

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
When I first started working on preload, I went into a truck and there was one of the bags with a sloshy yellow liquid in it. I knew what it was, but being a good UPSer, I followed the methods: I didn't touch it, left the area, and notified my supervisor. He came over, took a look at it, and went to get the hazmat guy.

I'll never forget watching Mr. Hazmat, with little blue gloves, carrying a clear bag of yellow liquid out of the truck; it was at that moment that I sort of understood the ride I was in for when UPS hired me.

When I was cover as I emptied a truck one hot day out on the route I came across a MELTED bag of the same substance on a shelf. Ewwwwww.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Cleveland Brown says: That's nasty.

It was! I called my center manager boo-hooing like a girl, he said open up the back door and throw it outside! Yuk!

Cleveland: "Public urination is just wrong. Except during the Million Man March when protestors burned down our porta-potties and I used my stream of justice to put out the hate."

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If a sup is riding with you and starts in on this none sense, just ask him would he rather cup his hands or let ya hit the stall. That should be the end of that harassment, otherwise you got a early retirement coming.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
If a sup is riding with you and starts in on this none sense, just ask him would he rather cup his hands or let ya hit the stall. That should be the end of that harassment, otherwise you got a early retirement coming.

Ha! My on-cars have generally had to go more often than I have!

Then again, I do perspire when I work.

A

anonymous6

Amazing, The fact that this thread is even on here speakes volumes.

i'm going thru this crap right now bc i got that OG thing. was told i could be disciplined for "stealing time"

BTW. one of our feeders got a $100 ticket for littering and now is a registered sex offender in CA so be careful about relieving yourself in public.

soberups

Here's the bottom line.

If you need to go, then go. Make every reasonable effort to use available public restrooms in a manner that minimizes delays and off-trace travel. Make every reasonable effort to "plan ahead" when delivering to areas with no public restrooms. Make every reasonable effort to follow ART. 37 of the labor agreement and give the employer a fair days work for a fair days pay while at the same time attending to necessary bodily functions in an appropriate and sanitary manner. Do not "abuse the priviledge" of driving the company vehicle off-trace for personal reasons, but also do not be intimidated into following arbitrary and irrational policies that are being conjured up by management people who are sitting in an office 30 feet down the hall from a bathroom.

If the company doesnt want us to break trace then they can install and maintain Porta-potties at reasonable intervals along that trace. Or, they can shut the friend%$k up and let us go to the bathroom like normal human beings.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The deuce is not an issue with me. My body is programmed so that I must dash to the potty within minutes from getting out of bed in the morning. Can probably count on 2 hands the amount of times I've had to lay log while on the clock.
Wake up.
Run to the potty.
Do my downloads.
File the paperwork.
Empty the recycle bin.
Peeing is another issue. Have been told by our Labor Relations Manager that peeing in a bottle will not happen under his watch. Was instructed to drive to the nearest available restroom when necessary. No need to code under personal time.
The problem is I have a VERY rural area and it can be upwards of 15 miles to the nearest facilities. Being an older person (most likely with an enlarged prostate) frequent urination is necessary. I do tend to use the restrooms whenever possible, but use the pee bottle frequently during the day.

soberups

The deuce is not an issue with me. My body is programmed so that I must dash to the potty within minutes from getting out of bed in the morning. Can probably count on 2 hands the amount of times I've had to lay log while on the clock.
Wake up.
Run to the potty.
Do my downloads.
File the paperwork.
Empty the recycle bin.
Peeing is another issue. Have been told by our Labor Relations Manager that peeing in a bottle will not happen under his watch. Was instructed to drive to the nearest available restroom when necessary. No need to code under personal time.
The problem is I have a VERY rural area and it can be upwards of 15 miles to the nearest facilities. Being an older person (most likely with an enlarged prostate) frequent urination is necessary. I do tend to use the restrooms whenever possible, but use the pee bottle frequently during the day.

I admire your Labor Relations manager for his ethical attitude. I wonder if he would still feel that way if they transferred him to Operations and he had an impossible SPORH number to meet in order to keep from getting whacked.