Bathroom Break Policy for Drivers..??

Ghost in the Darkness

For some reason early on I had always tried to go take a leak when I had a break... I've had to force myself to do that first then start break or lunch after doing so. Had to make myself just go when I gotta go in between stops. Also I don't take a dump at work because of sitting on a public toilet phobia... lol.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
For some reason early on I had always tried to go take a leak when I had a break... I've had to force myself to do that first then start break or lunch after doing so. Had to make myself just go when I gotta go in between stops. Also I don't take a dump at work because of sitting on a public toilet phobia... lol.
Thought I had that phobia, turns out it was just some stank ass bathrooms I was going to. UPS stores are usually the best as they only have 2-3 people there throughout the day and generally don't let customers use the bathroom.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I know a lotta guys who won't sit in a public can. If I gotta s#it, I gotta sit. Now, not later.

41434RNQTTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

over9five

Staff member
For you guys who are being told to code it out as break, what happens if you've already used your breaks? Gotta wait till you get home?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Thought I had that phobia, turns out it was just some stank ass bathrooms I was going to. UPS stores are usually the best as they only have 2-3 people there throughout the day and generally don't let customers use the bathroom.

There is no way I would ever inflict that sort of nasal abuse on an innocent UPS store employee, especially when they know that I am the one responsible.

If I am going to nuke a restroom, I prefer it to be a public one with multiple stalls, a regular cleaning schedule, industrial-grade air fresheners and a certain level of "anonymity".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There is no way I would ever inflict that sort of nasal abuse on an innocent UPS store employee, especially when they know that I am the one responsible.

If I am going to nuke a restroom, I prefer it to be a public one with multiple stalls, a regular cleaning schedule, industrial-grade air fresheners and a certain level of "anonymity".

This is an excellent thread. Over here they don't generally hassle us for either #1 or #2 on the road, but sometimes customers bushes get watered, especially on the rural routes. On the PM reload, it's a different story. Nobody leaves until the airplane or outbound truck gets loaded, and I've seen several people fill their pants over the years. If I've got to drop the "kids" off at the pool, nobody is getting in my way.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Sorry, no offense meant but I have to ask:

What is it about ladies and their extreme reluctance to sit on an unfamiliar toilet?
Chucking stuff in my locker one night, could hear a pt-er using what must've been 20 seat liners on the commode before she sat down. I see her frequently on the pm side. She's got to be one of the slowest-moving ppl ever hired.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Sorry, no offense meant but I have to ask:

What is it about ladies and their extreme reluctance to sit on an unfamiliar toilet?

Unfamiliar cooties. Also, when women try to stand and pee they make a MESS. My hunch is the ones who are most hesitant to sit probably make the biggest messes. They know what they leave behind. My experience is that at least half the population are only mindful when they have to clean...

I know a lotta men that refuse to sit.

My stepdaughter's mom taught her to sit on her HANDS! YUK!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Unfamiliar cooties. Also, when women try to stand and pee they make a MESS. My hunch is the ones who are most hesitant to sit probably make the biggest messes. They know what they leave behind. My experience is that at least half the population are only mindful when they have to clean...

I know a lotta men that refuse to sit.

My stepdaughter's mom taught her to sit on her HANDS! YUK!!!

Any cooties that might be on that seat are going to die the moment that my cooties get hold of them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a customer call in a complaint that a driver left a load and forgot to flush. We are no longer allowed to use that restroom. A cover driver on my route asked to use the bathroom at a clothing store of all places. All female employees. Even brought a book in with him. The next day they had an out of order sign on the bathroom door. Common sense should dictate how and where we use restrooms. I prefer large industrial stops or fast food joints.

A

anonymous6

OSHA regulation re paid bathroom breaks

9cfr toilet facilities 1910.141 (c)(1)

case closed

We had a customer call in a complaint that a driver left a load and forgot to flush. We are no longer allowed to use that restroom. A cover driver on my route asked to use the bathroom at a clothing store of all places. All female employees. Even brought a book in with him. The next day they had an out of order sign on the bathroom door. Common sense should dictate how and where we use restrooms. I prefer large industrial stops or fast food joints.
The guy had to drop a brownmonster he couldn't help it.

washington57

i know women can drop some big ones too...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My last Center Manager told me...and I quote..."drivers who choose to bid rural routes need to bring some handi-wipes and be willing to pee in the bushes" instead of breaking trace to find a public restroom.

You cant make this stuff up.

Then what happens when someone sees that and calls in to ups that there is pee on someones bush,is the manager going to drive out there and clean it up...stupidity on the part of that "partner".....