Beach Ideas from Florida Folks, Please

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We stayed at One Seagrove Place last summer and enjoyed it. There was a little seaweed but it wasn't too bad. I was shocked at how expensive Rosemary Beach was...crazy.

I love the Clearwater/St. Petersburg area. Pass-A-Grille Beach is one of our favorites in summertime. Fort De Soto state park is also very nice.
Have you ever camped at Ft De Soto Park? I did once. It was really nice having a campsite on the beach. You should check out Siesta Beach also.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
not this time of year.

maybe Ft Myers beach. was only there one time and it wasn't too bad. everything on the east side will be college kids. used to live in Key West back in the 80's but got so crowded had to leave.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Have you ever camped at Ft De Soto Park

No, we just went for the day. My brother and his wife took the kayaks through the mangroves which looked cool.

If @MassWineGuy is flying and absolutely wants good weather I would look at Scottsdale, AZ or Vegas. My father wintered in Old Town Scottsdale and I absolutely loved it out there. If I would have visited in my 20's I would have relocated.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Exception: The area between Destin and Seagrove. It starts to get trashy between Seagrove and PCB.

it’s all lower Alabama along the whole panhandle

my favorite part of Florida wide powdery sand beaches maybe the best beaches in the USA
Low key lots of divish beach bars good food without feeling like you’ve been robbed. All kinds of places to stay from house’s to high dollar condo’s

I should go to work for the redneckriviera
Tourist board

SmithBarney

Are you lookin’ for a nood beach with plenty a raw frontal noodatee bouncing all over the place?? :drool:
Not much bounces on a nood beach...(usually full of older clientele, but if you're into that sort of thing)

I Also suggest Clearwater, when we go, we head north into the neighborhoods away from crowds, limited parking, watch the arrows on the no parking signs there is beach access for non crowded enjoyment.

MassWineGuy

my favorite part of Florida wide powdery sand beaches maybe the best beaches in the USA
Low key lots of divish beach bars good food without feeling like you’ve been robbed. All kinds of places to stay from house’s to high dollar condo’s

I should go to work for the redneckriviera
Tourist board

So you’re saying the Panhandle would be a good option?

Scottsdale sounds very good, too.

ManInBrown

No, we just went for the day. My brother and his wife took the kayaks through the mangroves which looked cool.

If @MassWineGuy is flying and absolutely wants good weather I would look at Scottsdale, AZ or Vegas. My father wintered in Old Town Scottsdale and I absolutely loved it out there. If I would have visited in my 20's I would have relocated.
Vegas? It’s freezing in January. Lol

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We stayed at One Seagrove Place last summer and enjoyed it. There was a little seaweed but it wasn't too bad. I was shocked at how expensive Rosemary Beach was...crazy.

I love the Clearwater/St. Petersburg area. Pass-A-Grille Beach is one of our favorites in summertime. Fort De Soto state park is also very nice.

We've stayed between Destin and Miramar; love it. Seagrove is really nice but not worth the extra expense for us. Destin/Miramar has a decent mix of things to do that we enjoy.

I wouldn't go THAT far. Gulf Shores to Pensacola Beach is rednecky (or was; haven't been in that area in a long time), as is everything east of Seagrove.

ManInBrown

Reading is fundamental! :ninja2:

It's a good thing he's going at the end of February. The average high temperature then is over 60 degrees.
You’ve clearly never been to Vegas. 60 in Vegas is like 40 somewhere else. It’s the desert. It’s windy. Saying Vegas is warm in February is laughable.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You’ve clearly never been to Vegas. 60 in Vegas is like 40 somewhere else. It’s the desert. It’s windy. Saying Vegas is warm in February is laughable.

You're making it sound like I suggested he go to Wyoming. If he's from the NE, I think he would be able to fight through the chill of a 60 degree day in Vegas.