Beach Ideas from Florida Folks, Please

MassWineGuy

Thank you, once again. These are all very tantalizing places. I don’t gamble much, so Las Vegas might not be my place. I love what I’ve read about its music and restaurant scene. I’d probably be more interested in seeing the desert.

The Destin-Miramar area seems really nice and not too expensive.

vantexan

I love how people think Vegas is 95 degrees year round. It is absolutely frigid in the winter.
Next 10 days almost completely in 50's and with dry air that's comfortable enough. As I recall, stationed at Nellis in the 80's, you don't want to be there in March when winds kick up so much dust it looks dark at noon. Might not be as big a problem these days with so much of the valley under concrete.

ManInBrown

Next 10 days almost completely in 50's and with dry air that's comfortable enough. As I recall, stationed at Nellis in the 80's, you don't want to be there in March when winds kick up so much dust it looks dark at noon. Might not be as big a problem these days with so much of the valley under concrete.
Nah. Wintertime is brutal. I have been there probably 25 times in my life during all different parts of the year. Winter it is cold.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’ve got a week off at the end of February and want to go to a nice, warm, peaceful Florida beach that’s under the radar, not congested and affordable. Does anyone know a good spot?
Do yourself a favor and go to a private resort. You don't want to vacation with those people .

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Whichever beach you end up choosing, MWG, just make darn sure ya don’t find your name linked anywhere to a ‘Florida Man’ news headline.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Nah. Wintertime is brutal

Right, it's so "brutal" that many of the hotels keep their outdoor pools open year around.

I've been to Vegas 20+ times but only once in the last 10 years. We used to get last minute flights and stay at the Imperial Palace or even the Westward Ho on busy weekends. We were also drinking and doing shots the entire time, maybe that's why I didn't think it was too cold. :)

For a winter getaway I still think Phoenix/Scottsdale is a winner. If you like baseball it should be starting up as well.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Right, it's so "brutal" that many of the hotels keep their outdoor pools open year around.

I've been to Vegas 20+ times but only once in the last 10 years. We used to get last minute flights and stay at the Imperial Palace or even the Westward Ho on busy weekends. We were also drinking and doing shots the entire time, maybe that's why I didn't think it was too cold. :)

For a winter getaway I still think Phoenix/Scottsdale is a winner. If you like baseball it should be starting up as well.

If you haven't been lately, you'll be impressed with what the IP has become. It's had 2 makeovers and rebrandings in less than a decade and is really nice. Geared toward hipsters and a younger crowd but it's really nice. Stayed there in 2012 in its final days as the IP and had the breakfast buffet. It was not as good as a Ryan's breakfast buffet and you had to fill your own drinks.