Beach Ideas from Florida Folks, Please

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Did they fix the elevators? They used to be terrible if the hotel was full.

I have probably stayed there 8-10 times over the years and hit them for $5k on Let It Ride one time. Back in the day it was easy to have your rooms and meals comped.

I didn't know that there were any problems with the elevators other than it was (and still is) hard to figure out which towers they service from the lobby. The last time we were there (couple of years ago) there was a "hidden" bank behind the regular bank. The regular bank was always busy and full of people and no one was using the hidden bank. They ran parallel and serviced the same tower. That place is confusing.

If you loved those giant Luv Tubs and the mirrored ceilings, I think they got rid of all that.

MassWineGuy

No.
Would you expect a native or current resident to piss in our wheaties?

I will help you however, if you can book this View attachment 277854
jump on it. It's Miami Beach long before it was ruined.

Yeah we're big on giving yankee carpetbaggers the keys to that which is left undefiled.

I think you may enjoy Cancun.

Thanks so much. There’s a reason that the North won the war, so please, don’t be a sore loser.

vantexan

I’ve got a week off at the end of February and want to go to a nice, warm, peaceful Florida beach that’s under the radar, not congested and affordable. Does anyone know a good spot?
My relatives in their infinite wisdom moved to the mosquito infested middle of the state in 1921. We went to Daytona maybe once a year.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
that's just About as crazy as expecting you to work at a pace that's faster than "inexcusably slow."
I don't have to work fast anymore. I'm retired you fool and I'll work at whatever pace I see fit.

You on the other hand better be prepared to work that much harder and longer cause Fred's ship is sinking fast and he's out to pick your pockets to save money. Have fun.

Last edited:

vantexan

Let’s stay on topic.
For a fee I'll drive to Massachusetts and you can follow me to Florida. When I see something you might like I'll turn my blinker on. When you're done just honk and I'll lead you to the next place. I've got internet, don't mind waiting if the price is right. :)

floridays

Hey! I apologize for being such a jerk. What I meant to say was:

"Thanks so much. There’s a reason that the North won the war, so please, don’t be a sore loser, sweetheart."
A good read,
Tourism in Florida

Some of us have fond memories of Florida of our childhood and youth.

As the years advance and you reminisce it's easy to attach to things and places that helped define the place in time you may wish never passed.
You may find this out as your years advance, sweetheart.

An old man would bring his horse and wagon and give us kids rides in South Miami, it was mostly farmland right off the Old Dixie Highway on the way to Homestead and then to the Keys.

Yeah, I like old Florida, not so much this

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article230329669.html

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don't have to work fast anymore. I'm retired you fool and I'll work at whatever pace I see fit.

LOL, "anymore." As if you ever did.

You on the other hand better be prepared to work that much harder and longer cause Fred's ship is sinking fast and he's out to pick your pockets to save money. Have fun.

What's it like being on the outside and lecturing people on the inside about how things are on the inside? Kind of like giving a review of a movie you didn't see, I bet.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
LOL, "anymore." As if you ever did.
And you sat in on my performance reviews on what dates?

What's it like being on the outside and lecturing people on the inside about how things are on the inside? Kind of like giving a review of a movie you didn't see, I bet.
Wait until Wal-Mart buys FedEx. Better sharpen up on those cart pushing skills. And BTW, you won't be able to do that job from mom's basement.