Beards

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If companies have the right to tell us what to do with this aspect of our bodies, where does their reach into our personal lives end?

A company has the right to tell you how to dress and how to look as long as you elect to continue working for them.

And yes, not having a beard can affect how you look off the clock in your personal life.

You do not have to continue working for UPS and then you can grow a beard as long as you want, unless you elect to work for another company that forbids beards.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
A company has the right to tell you how to dress and how to look as long as you elect to continue working for them.

And yes, not having a beard can affect how you look off the clock in your personal life.

You do not have to continue working for UPS and then you can grow a beard as long as you want, unless you elect to work for another company that forbids beards.

This seems like such a common sense thing to me. I don't really understand why so many drivers want to pick *this* particular hill to die on.

UPS has a VERY long history of lying, cheating, and stealing, but nobody stands up to anything like that. We're going to fight over facial hair.

Seems like messed up priorities to me, but what do I know...

UPSER1987

This seems like such a common sense thing to me. I don't really understand why so many drivers want to pick *this* particular hill to die on.

UPS has a VERY long history of lying, cheating, and stealing, but nobody stands up to anything like that. We're going to fight over facial hair.

Seems like messed up priorities to me, but what do I know...

Yep you’re right on the money. These “edgy” fools can’t see the forest for the trees but whatever. The ignorance of some never ceases to amaze me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You guys see duck dynasty but the redneck blood is so thick here I see more of this.

0DED40E5-3243-495B-A981-B0F3498DA5CB.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What I find amazing is 30 years ago when I started there wasn't a single driver who had a skin condition or religious belief requiring them to have a beard. Hmmm.
None of you even knew you had a choice did you?

If it was known you could get a variance many would have.

You were also busy fighting for shorts.

542thruNthru

I remember the first guy in our building of around 200 drivers to get his shorts. We had to buy them at first.

I didn't wear shorts for the first 4 years I drove. It never really bothered me. The only reason I went to shorts is because the pants seemed to fall apart faster. That and I wanted to show off my incredibly sexy sculpted calves. ;)