Beards

Poop Head

Judge me.
They are changing them next year, didn't you hear?
Uniforms and dress codes aren't an overreach into my personal life, but I do oppose employers making employees pay for uniforms, so I appreciate the union holding the line there. And no, not a millenial. Closer to Gen X, but I actually don't fall within the "official" year range for either.
The new uniforms look like :censored2:. Just one step closer to looking like the FedEx and amazon clowns.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
The medical exemption is about skin irritatition, or worse. If you aren't dragging a sharp strip of steel across your skin daily, the problem is solved. The shaving requirement is an overreach into our personal lives to begin with, this rule about not trimming or sculpting is clearly retaliation against anyone exercising their right to medical or religious exemption.
Control, control, control. That’s all they yearn for. The more they can control our lives on and off the clock they get hard for. Anybody can be a full blown alcoholic as long as you’re brown’d up sober. Although if you light up a J once a month you’re done for. We’re all adults here last time I checked.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This seems like such a common sense thing to me. I don't really understand why so many drivers want to pick *this* particular hill to die on.

UPS has a VERY long history of lying, cheating, and stealing, but nobody stands up to anything like that. We're going to fight over facial hair.

Seems like messed up priorities to me, but what do I know...

What fighting? This isn't a battle. Those who want facial hair can have it if they are willing to take the appropriate steps. For me, beards are besides the point. It's more an issue of how much control companies should be allowed to exert over the decisions you make about your body, and other aspects of your personal life.

I think forced shaving is an over reach, and I certainly don't want to see any companies push it further than that either. UPS also has a policy about employees' use of social media, outside of work, that I find exceptionally disturbing. A company's right to protect its image ought not supersede an individual's constitutional rights, and it must not do so when we are not on company time.

yadadamean116

Not retired you gossiping little girl. The point is most of these bearded fools look like jackasses. Outside of work do you still want to look like a fat lazy oaf? ; just to show ups how edgy you are? Now go back and find something else to tattle on snowflake.
Why does it matter what someone else is doing? You don’t have a beard cool! I do cool!

yadadamean116

My beard grows naturally and I have to put forth the extra effort to shave it, face tattoos are completely voluntary. I could argue the slippery slope the other direction too. If companies have the right to tell us what to do with this aspect of our bodies, where does their reach into our personal lives end? I personally don't have an issue with companies telling men to keep their beards well groomed, but not whether they can have one or not.
I agree. And I want my back pay for the time spent shaving while my kids were screaming they are hungry for cereal. 5mins a day is a massive check

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
RELAX union brothers we are fighting one another! whether we have a beard or not we are union brothers that’s all that matters!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Does the new contract have any language that addresses an additional monetary allowance for shaving supplies and haircuts yet?