Beards

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by OKLABob, Nov 7, 2019.

1. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Keep believing that.

2. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

The new uniforms look like :censored2:. Just one step closer to looking like the FedEx and amazon clowns.

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Come on no it’s not. Not anymore at least. Chester the molester stach or a nice groomed beard.

Give you one guess which one you see far more of on Wall Street.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush All Encompassing Member

Control, control, control. That’s all they yearn for. The more they can control our lives on and off the clock they get hard for. Anybody can be a full blown alcoholic as long as you’re brown’d up sober. Although if you light up a J once a month you’re done for. We’re all adults here last time I checked.

5. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

A clean shave

6. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Caution when you read the union side of the forum. Lol

7. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

What fighting? This isn't a battle. Those who want facial hair can have it if they are willing to take the appropriate steps. For me, beards are besides the point. It's more an issue of how much control companies should be allowed to exert over the decisions you make about your body, and other aspects of your personal life.

I think forced shaving is an over reach, and I certainly don't want to see any companies push it further than that either. UPS also has a policy about employees' use of social media, outside of work, that I find exceptionally disturbing. A company's right to protect its image ought not supersede an individual's constitutional rights, and it must not do so when we are not on company time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush All Encompassing Member

I will continue to wear my vinyl P.OS. Browns just out of spite. Those jersey material shirts add 10+ lbs to my frame. I can’t have that!

9. yadadamean116

yadadamean116 Member

Why does it matter what someone else is doing? You don’t have a beard cool! I do cool!

10. yadadamean116

yadadamean116 Member

I agree. And I want my back pay for the time spent shaving while my kids were screaming they are hungry for cereal. 5mins a day is a massive check

11. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

RELAX union brothers we are fighting one another! whether we have a beard or not we are union brothers that’s all that matters!

12. sailfish

sailfish Duke of Douschebaggery

Does the new contract have any language that addresses an additional monetary allowance for shaving supplies and haircuts yet?

13. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

If the company cracked down on the no beard policy then there would be very few beards. They’re not that concerned

14. Brownslave688

But ups doesn’t force clean shave. We can all have mustaches if we want. Which most people look terrible with.

15. Brownslave688

How do you figure? Everyone has a dr note

16. Future

Future Victory Ride

Dude I shake my head now w these people w FMLa leave

17. They also give us an allowance for soap and shampoo, so we can shower everyday....

18. sailfish

sailfish Duke of Douschebaggery

Well :censored2:. I miss all the good stuff.

19. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

I’m only going by my center maybe. We have around 115 drivers and I’d guess 40 or so isn’t clean shaven. Some of them got a doctor note but many don’t anymore. Management fought it for a while but rarely says anything anymore.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Brownslave688

Bonding