Becoming Feeder driver

JayW

Good Day,
I am currently a package driver and interested in becoming a feeder driver. I believe I will be on call in the beginning. Will I still get 40 hours a week or no?
Also because of seniority it seems it may be a “long line “ for me to be called for a feeder position. Does it make more sense for me to leave UPS, get experience behind the wheel elsewhere and interview for UPS “off the street”? Thanks

Good Day,
I am currently a package driver and interested in becoming a feeder driver. I believe I will be on call in the beginning. Will I still get 40 hours a week or no?
Also because of seniority it seems it may be a “long line “ for me to be called for a feeder position. Does it make more sense for me to leave UPS, get experience behind the wheel elsewhere and interview for UPS “off the street”? Thanks
You definitely don't want to quit.

JayW

Thanks. I asked because they actually hire a lot of feeder drivers off the street.
What you said makes sense.
What about the on call status. Is it that you will do 40 hours but at various times of the day or when your on call are you not guaranteed 40 hours?

JayW

I meant to say where I am at they seem to hire a lot of off the street drivers.
Are you a feeder driver?
Can you give me three cons to being a feeder driver or a new feeder driver?
Just want to see if I those cons would be a problem for me....
Thanks

I meant to say where I am at they seem to hire a lot of off the street drivers.
Are you a feeder driver?
Thanks
No I'm not in feeders because I don't wanna be.
I'm sure @Big Arrow Down...D @Indecisi0n @Johney @over9five could give you a better answer.

@Coldworld

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Thanks

1. Weird hours. Can you drive safely thru the night? How you gonna be feeling at 4am?

2. Weird hours. When you start, you could start at 4pm one week, and 4am the next week.

3. Weird hours. How's the wife gonna deal with this? Can she handle you getting home at 6am Saturday morning, and having to sleep most of the day?

Johney

1. Weird hours. Can you drive safely thru the night? How you gonna be feeling at 4am?

2. Weird hours. When you start, you could start at 4pm one week, and 4am the next week.

3. Weird hours. How's the wife gonna deal with this? Can she handle you getting home at 6am Saturday morning, and having to sleep most of the day?
Wimp. Sleep is overated.

JayW

I am interested in the feeder driver position-tractor trailer. I am currently a package handler box truck driver.

JayW

As I want to move over to UPS Freight unless freight is OTR.
I would consider OTR but was asking about the UPS day routes.....I guess they would be 8 hour routes.

Indecisi0n

Only cons people come up with for feeders is working nights. I say boo hoo. I can list 5 pages of cons for package and maybe two for feeders. It's a no brainier.