Becoming Feeder driver

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Good Day,
I am currently a package driver and interested in becoming a feeder driver. I believe I will be on call in the beginning. Will I still get 40 hours a week or no?
Also because of seniority it seems it may be a “long line “ for me to be called for a feeder position. Does it make more sense for me to leave UPS, get experience behind the wheel elsewhere and interview for UPS “off the street”? Thanks
No on-call bull sheetrock in my local. Either you are in Feeders or you are not. Guaranteed 8 hours as well. The problem is we have fools that love to surrender their 8 hour right and code 5. That opens the door to all kinds of back room deals.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
No on-call bull sheetrock in my local. Either you are in Feeders or you are not. Guaranteed 8 hours as well. The problem is we have fools that love to surrender their 8 hour right and code 5. That opens the door to all kinds of back room deals.
Unfortunately in my local this issue is even more rampant in package.

currahee

Going to feeders is by far the best decision ive ever made at Ups.Less harassment, My body doesnt constantly hurt. more family time.
Yes, feeder cover can suck. Start time changes week to week. i actually love working nights.If you get a chance to go feeders do it, but only if you have less seniority than me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Going to feeders is by far the best decision ive ever made at Ups.Less harassment, My body doesnt constantly hurt. more family time.
Yes, feeder cover can suck. Start time changes week to week. i actually love working nights.If you get a chance to go feeders do it, but only if you have less seniority than me.
Plus you are wide awake all day!