Being reassigned........To Ground..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Of all the strange dealings I've seen, Fred and his lackeys setting up a back door deal with big Ground contractors to "re-home" Express couriers for whatever reason does not seem far fetched at all. After all, FedEx SET UP the Ground infrastructure, which is massive. What would it take to re-home a few couriers? We all know he skirts what is considered ethical in business practice. Is it not plausible that he would skirt a contractual agreement or reword to his advantage somehow as well? Why let ethics get in the way of profit?

Fred would most certainly do this if he could, but as others have pointed-out, he'd lose his RLA security blanket. The whole Express RLA scam is predicated upon us being "airline employees", and therefore under the RLA and Fred's special "Express Carrier Exemption", which is a WTF gift from Congress if there ever was one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hardly a fantasy. I doubt much of it happens. You, on the other hand might want to consider the myriad of possibilities that may next be coming your way.

I think Upstate is going to get upset that you have extended your "Bromance" to Cactus and SPH. He's going to scratch your eyes out!

MAKAVELI

Hardly a fantasy. I doubt much of it happens. You, on the other hand might want to consider the myriad of possibilities that may next be coming your way.

I think Upstate is going to get upset that you have extended your "Bromance" to Cactus and SPH. He's going to scratch your eyes out!
I don't think it's a bromance as much as it probably is this..... @TechCrunch
Diary Of A 5,000-Hours-Per-Year Internet Troll
http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/15/diary-of-a-5000-hours-per-year-internet-troll/

Nick9075

Don't think this isn't possible this fall.
Ground needs new workers, Express needs to get rid of them(without layoffs or buyouts)
With fedex corps history of threading legal loopholes, I can't wait to see what the higher seniority purple cool aid drinkers think when they are given this option because "their" route has been "cut".
i

It is nearly impossible to find qualified people to work as drivers for ground. I am not going to tell what the pay is but it isn't 2009 or 2010, the job market is producing 150,000-300,000 jobs a month and ground has just become a revolving door (both contractors and drivers). I have to say it has been what of the worst (and most expensive ) experiences of my life

bbsam

Staff member
i

It is nearly impossible to find qualified people to work as drivers for ground. I am not going to tell what the pay is but it isn't 2009 or 2010, the job market is producing 150,000-300,000 jobs a month and ground has just become a revolving door (both contractors and drivers). I have to say it has been what of the worst (and most expensive ) experiences of my life
What are the 150 to 300,000 jobs being created?

Nick9075

Of all the strange dealings I've seen, Fred and his lackeys setting up a back door deal with big Ground contractors to "re-home" Express couriers for whatever reason does not seem far fetched at all. After all, FedEx SET UP the Ground infrastructure, which is massive. What would it take to re-home a few couriers? We all know he skirts what is considered ethical in business practice. Is it not plausible that he would skirt a contractual agreement or reword to his advantage somehow as well? Why let ethics get in the way of profit?

I can't see that happening particularly here in the NYC/New England areas. There are too many other employment options besides they would be getting effectively a 50% pay cut. Y

thedownhillEXPRESS

i

Every Express courier is going through the worst experience of their lives now too, we sympathize with you...

bbsam

Staff member
I can't see that happening particularly here in the NYC/New England areas. There are too many other employment options besides they would be getting effectively a 50% pay cut. Y
As I said before, that's always been the fact in large metro areas with high cost of living.

northbound

i

Sounds like all those liberal **** heads jobs are being created and the economy is on a tear. friend off. Get out if the way of business cut taxes and you would see stuff happen in huge ways

MAKAVELI

i

Sounds like all those liberal **** heads jobs are being created and the economy is on a tear. friend off. Get out if the way of business cut taxes and you would see stuff happen in huge ways
Oh brother. Not another right wing nut job who thinks the rich aren't rich enough.

thedownhillEXPRESS

At least us "liberals" can string together a coherent sentence.

Combining your user name and command of the English language and it makes me believe you may have gone to the same school ,or schools , as Sarah Palin.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
He's sort of like that guy at the bar who's had like one or thirty too many and suddenly starts yelling out a bunch of incomprehensible words that all sound like they're made up entirely of consonants.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Wow, this is almost exactly what Mr. Smith says. Cut taxes, and all you get is richer people like Fred. Most major corporations are sitting on billions that they won't re-invest, OR they are doing what Smith is, which is attempting to gut the middle class by saying the "new normal" is $12-$16 per hour with no benefits, or "business will die". I guess great minds think alike. Boy, you are one smart fellow. Too bad Sarah Palin already has a husband, because you are prime material for an intellect like hers.