Benefits at UPS are not all that great.

F

fv

My daughter had a brain tumor, had to go through brain surgery and the UPS benefits paid for everything. That surgery was so expensive it would have wiped most people out. I thank god for the UPS benefits.

T

toonertoo

Mostly they are pretty great benefits, this coming from someone who had none for years. The problems I had were resolved and it was the way the hospital submitted them, not the plan. It takes some work sometimes but its better than having none, guaranteed. Disability through the teamsters is great. I got attacked by a dog away from work, and I was off two weeks, had a check before I submitted a claim. Not enough to get rich, but enough to keep you going. Same with comp the time I was on it, took a few weeks to get it but it was coming and you could depend on it. Much better than most have. I do consider myself lucky. Its easy to complain when things dont go as they should, but when you look around at people who are afraid to go get treatment,because they have no coverage, and sometimes can have serious problems, it makes me feel secure and grateful, because if you have your health, you have it all.

U

upsdude

My Benefit problems as a UPS employee have been due to Teamster plan issues. The amount of money UPS pays the Teamsters per week for my H&W should go much further than it does. I would feel much better about retirement if UPS was managing the pension fund.

Eddie138301

The Teamster fund Im in does the same thing, no benefits after 1 year of comp. The Teamsters never seem interested in making this problem a contract issue. I had a choice, signup for COBRA conversion or make house payments. I couldnt do both. Ive been back to work for 3 years and Im still feeling the losses.

J

ja7618

upsdude that will never happen that issue is what the strike was all about, the union would be out of business if they lost UPS, we pay for all the other teamester retirement and benifts, the union knows when they have it good and they got us good