UPS Contract. They're Going Forward, and We're Going Backwards

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I can't be the only one to think the downfall of this company is the separation of express and ground. There is no balance. This is the major difference between UPS and FedEx.

Oh your not the only one who feels this way. Besides, Fred's never ending thirst for control over people and his Memphis sized ego are gonna be two of the biggest nails in the FedEx coffin.

DontThrowPackages

Oh your not the only one who feels this way. Besides, Fred's never ending thirst for control over people and his Memphis sized ego are gonna be two of the biggest nails in the FedEx coffin.
Or maybe they'll sell the Express division to Brown. Then they'll have no pensions or health insurances to deal with. No official employees, other than the ones in Tennessee. I see shares surpassing Apple prices.

hypo hanna

Why on earth would UPS buy the FedEx opco? (Assuming it would/could be sold). They already have the needed infrastructure, they would only have to beef it up slightly to cover the added volume. Why would they want the headaches of assimating an entirely different workforce when they could build that capacity from within? They have thousands of loaders and part time drivers more then capable of running full time routes.

bbsam

Staff member
Or maybe they'll sell the Express division to Brown. Then they'll have no pensions or health insurances to deal with. No official employees, other than the ones in Tennessee. I see shares surpassing Apple prices.
They could do that virtually overnight without having to sell the opco. I could see it happening in the not too distant future.

Cactus

So I'm not entitled to my opinion? I see. You've been sticking you nose in Express business far too long.

Cactus

Of course you are. And so am I.
That's fine.

Just one question, who would be more likely to know what's going on with Express, someone who actually works there (like myself) or somone watching from the sidelines (like you)?

bbsam

Staff member
Probably from the sidelines who can be objective and isn't speaking through a filter of getting screwed on a daily basis.

Cactus

Probably from the sidelines who can be objective and isn't speaking through a filter of getting screwed on a daily basis.

You're a far cry from objective.

Speaking of "getting screwed on a daily basis" how's your employees? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

bbsam

Staff member
Of course I am objective about Express. They are making business decisions to increase profits. I get that.

Cactus

Of course I am objective about Express. They are making business decisions to increase profits. I get that.

And they are making a lot of bad business decisions too. Everybody (except you) gets that.

You still haven't answered my question about your employees.