benefits of orion

Browntown2014

Orion is tool to de- skill drivers, and prepare for replacement workers in the event of shutdown. As the the bean counters rise in the management ranks, with very limited delivery experience, they are a mission to destroy customer service and the things that always keeps the public on our side, like a personality.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I keep hearing this but how does Orion make it any easier for a new driver to deliver a route? If I didn't have route knowledge and ran my route Orion's way 100% I would be out until 10pm and miss several business stops.

moldsporh

Orion has me drive past one of my 1030 airs, on right side of road, to del an air then a few grounds further up on the left, waiting at stop signs. Then to return about 45 min later to del the first air I could have delivered. Then I will head in the direction of my first stop that I did earlier.

I'm sure someone will come to me later and ask why I'm 10 miles over orions numbers.

Freaking whacked.

And this saves money?

DOK

Orion has me drive past one of my 1030 airs, on right side of road, to del an air then a few grounds further up on the left, waiting at stop signs. Then to return about 45 min later to del the first air I could have delivered. Then I will head in the direction of my first stop that I did earlier.

I'm sure someone will come to me later and ask why I'm 10 miles over orions numbers.

Freaking whacked.

And this saves money?

Why not just del the air when you first drove by it? Am I missing something. Our center doesn't have Orion.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is part of the effort to try to reduce injuries. Stops on the floor tend to cause more injuries than those loaded within the power zone.
Because clogging an entire shelf up with one bulk stop and then cramming 30 residential stops onto the floor beneath it because there is nowhere else to put them is so much safer.

hyena

359d0yp.gif

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The main benefit I have seen so far since ORION was implemented in my center a couple of months ago is having the center manager and Onroads so tied up with endless reports they end up chasing their tail and have no time for the Petty BS that they always seemed to love before. ORION is a mere aggravation for me,but it seems to play absolute hell with the Operation Supes

By The Book

Freaking whacked.

And this saves money?
I'm sure you know this but if your air stop on the right side is on the same street/road name as the air and ground stops you did first it's not a break. They may jumble them up, almost seems backwards sometimes if your driving back down that road later and those deliveries are on your right side now.