Bernie Sanders and the establishment DNC

vantexan

No, he said things which you perceived as vicious, there’s a difference.
No, he said some personal things that made me decide I need to pick at him on a regular basis. Don't worry, if you don't get it now it'll percolate through your skull eventually.

BrownArmy

No, he said some personal things that made me decide I need to pick at him on a regular basis. Don't worry, if you don't get it now it'll percolate through your skull eventually.

Oh, I didn’t realize he attacked you personally.

Was it terrible? Someone you don’t know and will never meet, did they upset you?

Box Ox

Don't take it personally. Used to be a severe homophobe myself prior to college. Had never met any gays in my corner of the south growing up. Good, smart people. I now find homophobia hilarious and hope that the straight men who make light of sexual acts enjoyed by both gay and straight couples are themselves in on it with their women. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

El Correcto

god is dead
Because he has said some pretty vicious things and needs to know I care.
A39746CB-B13C-41E0-AB80-04E414530F8A.jpeg

why are you so mean to me?

rickyb

Look it up. Might want to use some different sources if you were hearing that.

For example yellow journalist and Hearst in Spanish-American war.

Propaganda existed in all recorded histories.
maybe i didnt define it, it could be the first mass propaganda effort. i forget. at the end of the 19th century the business class in US and UK realized they couldnt control the population just by violence.

the guys were edward bernays and walter lippman and they set up the Committee on Public Information which is the origins of the public relations industry. they convinced a pacifist wwI america to fight the war.

pretty sure goebells and hitler copied it

Box Ox

maybe i didnt define it, it could be the first mass propaganda effort. i forget. at the end of the 19th century the business class in US and UK realized they couldnt control the population just by violence.

the guys were edward bernays and walter lippman and they set up the Committee on Public Information which is the origins of the public relations industry. they convinced a pacifist wwI america to fight the war.

pretty sure goebells and hitler copied it

A Brief History of Propaganda

“.....it was the Catholic Church that both formalized the use of propaganda and gave us the word itself. Pope Urban II used propaganda to generate support for the Crusades. Later, propaganda would become a powerful tool for both Catholics and Protestants during the Reformation. Thanks to the printing press, propaganda could be disseminated to a much wider audience.

In 1622, Pope Gregory XV established the Congregatio de Propaganda Fide (Congregation for Propagating the Faith) for the purpose of promoting the faith in non-Catholic countries. The group’s name was often informally shortened to “propaganda,” and the name stuck. As literacy rates grew in subsequent centuries, propaganda became a more and more useful tool around the world. Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin were both considered adept propagandists during the American Revolution.”

newfie

Don't take it personally. Used to be a severe homophobe myself prior to college. Had never met any gays in my corner of the south growing up. Good, smart people. I now find homophobia hilarious and hope that the straight men who make light of sexual acts enjoyed by both gay and straight couples are themselves in on it with their women. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

my wife had a gay friend at work. she called him a ferret and he called her a fish. they were almost like best friends.
in todays world we often overthink relationships and reasons to be offended.

rickyb

Ralph Nader
@RalphNader

·
Mar 5
Young Americans back Bernie Sanders in big numbers. But most have not voted in early primaries. They let Bernie down. Their voice, their jobs, student loans, health insurance and overall better future at stake. Wake up, turn out. This may be your last chance. -R

rickyb