Best winter boots

The Driver

I drive.
Might wanna look at Red Wings, Danner, Timberland... just to name a few. I have some Timberlands that are waterproof but I don't like wearing them except on those terrible days. They're just not as comfortable as my Nike Manoa boots.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Thanks for the input. I'm trying to find something light, insulated and waterproof. Gets cold up near canada!

Stay away from anything leather.

Way to heavy and when they get wet, add another pound.

Goretex shell, 200-400 grams of Thinsulate, and Vibram soles, is what you want.

Back in the day.... Rocky Boots used to make the ultimate pair.

They would only last one season and were like $100.

And you could polish them. :biggrin:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ANOTHER SHOE THREAD!!!!!

Attachments

• tumblr_on0vk0b4Wd1vkjvs5o1_500.gif
    tumblr_on0vk0b4Wd1vkjvs5o1_500.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 876

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Might wanna look at Red Wings, Danner, Timberland... just to name a few. I have some Timberlands that are waterproof but I don't like wearing them except on those terrible days. They're just not as comfortable as my Nike Manoa boots.
Timberlands are terrible afaic... they used to be serious work boots back in the day... now they are a fashion brand..redwing, Danner are great boots but might be a little heavy if you have a heavy resi route where you’ll be doing a lot of walking.... Ecco makes good shoes, track series, but they are about $200 a pop...think if I was in pkg again I would wear some blacked out leather nikes...

Poop Head

Judge me.
Shoes seem to inspire more threads than anything?
"Does anyone have the number to ________ hub? I don't feel so good and have to call in *couch couch*

"I ran a tracer on a vintage computer I sent out. It's gone. They paid me. Does anyone have my vintage computer?"

"I was hired as a pt package handler. How long till I get my own route?"

Siveriano

"Does anyone have the number to ________ hub? I don't feel so good and have to call in *couch couch*

"I ran a tracer on a vintage computer I sent out. It's gone. They paid me. Does anyone have my vintage computer?"

"I was hired as a pt package handler. How long till I get my own route?"
dont forget "where can i buy UPS socks?

barnyard

KTM rider
I have several pairs. I have 2 pair of 600 gram thinsulate Whites Outdoorsman. When it is colder, I switch to 1000 gram thinsulate Chippewas. I have 2 pair of those too. When it is really cold, I have 1 pair of 1200 gram thinsulate Whites leather pac boots. I wear a thin liner sock and have a variety of boot socks that I wear over those. Some heavier, some lighter depending on temps. I have 2 pair of the boots I wear the most so that they have a day to dry out in between wearings. You can use a boot dryer, but that will shorten the life of the leather.

Last year, I started wearing gaiters when it is snowing or really windy or really cold. They make a world of difference. My pants stay dry, my legs and feet stay much warmer (cannot wear them when it is in the high 20's, they are too warm) and my boots stay dryer. I also track way less snow into my truck. I bought them originally for snowshoeing and they worked so well for that, I tried them on route. I will not do another winter without them.

All the boots I wear are resoleable and rebuildable, I will not buy a new pair of boots for the rest of my career.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I have several pairs. I have 2 pair of 600 gram thinsulate Whites Outdoorsman. When it is colder, I switch to 1000 gram thinsulate Chippewas. I have 2 pair of those too. When it is really cold, I have 1 pair of 1200 gram thinsulate Whites leather pac boots. I wear a thin liner sock and have a variety of boot socks that I wear over those. Some heavier, some lighter depending on temps. I have 2 pair of the boots I wear the most so that they have a day to dry out in between wearings. You can use a boot dryer, but that will shorten the life of the leather.

Last year, I started wearing gaiters when it is snowing or really windy or really cold. They make a world of difference. My pants stay dry, my legs and feet stay much warmer (cannot wear them when it is in the high 20's, they are too warm) and my boots stay dryer. I also track way less snow into my truck. I bought them originally for snowshoeing and they worked so well for that, I tried them on route. I will not do another winter without them.

All the boots I wear are resoleable and rebuildable, I will not buy a new pair of boots for the rest of my career.
Whites are pretty boss