Good Boots

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Vasque boots. Personally, I like the Talus ultradry. A performance line of hiking boots from Red Wing.
Vasque-Talus-Review-3.jpg
Nice

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Be careful when buying expensive boots. They are rarely better quality than inexpensive boots anymore. Your gate, weight, common terrain affects how quickly they’ll wear down more than the price tag will. And heavy boots are bad for your knees if you wear them everyday. Try and find a good sturdy hiking/walking shoe and save the boots for the rain, snow, and mud.
Yeah gonna disagree big time.

1636687852514.png

Brownslave688

My cheaper boots always outlasted the expensive ones. It’s not going to be the same for everyone. We all dont have the same gate and don’t walk on the same terrain.
Cheap boots pretty much always means cheap leather. Never seen a cheap pair that didn’t fall apart.

Got one pair that’s moved their way to the farm but they’re 7 years in with 3 resoles.

Brownslave688

Funny what some guys wear though or how cheap they are. Saw a 30 year driver today with shoes falling apart so bad I could see 3 of his toes. Like wtf man buy some new shoes.

Overpaid Union Thug

Cheap boots pretty much always means cheap leather. Never seen a cheap pair that didn’t fall apart.

Got one pair that’s moved their way to the farm but they’re 7 years in with 3 resoles.
You’re not getting it. It doesn’t matter how cheap or expensive the leather is if you overpronate while walking on rough terrain all day. The souls and/or leather will start separating at some point. Especially if you are a heavier dude.

Not everyone is the same size, shape, weight, or other factors that determine how fast shoes and boots deteriorate. Some people can buy one pair and wear them their entire career and, if anything, will only have to replace the soles because the tread wears down. Others could wear the same precise shoe/boot and will have to replace them after a few months because the tow box separates. There is no perfect shoes or boots that anyone can wear and get the same results.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You’re not getting it. It doesn’t matter how cheap or expensive the leather is if you overpronate while walking on rough terrain all day. The souls and/or leather will start separating at some point. Especially if you are a heavier dude.

Not everyone is the same size, shape, weight, or other factors that determine how fast shoes and boots deteriorate. Some people can buy one pair and wear them their entire career and, if anything, will only have to replace the soles because the tread wears down. Others could wear the same precise shoe/boot and will have to replace them after a few months because the tow box separates. There is no perfect shoes or boots that anyone can wear and get the same results.
Especially in cold wet weather.