Bezos divorce settlement

XEQaF

Check out this time lapse chart of the top 15 global brands according to values. Check out the surge of Amazon when it hit the scene in 2014.

vantexan

Which simply confirms what many of us have long suspected. Your body never left the states and your travelogue never left your head.
You wish. Had trouble getting a standby flight on Delta out of Bogota. After three days bought a confirmed ticket from Bogota to Cartagena yesterday. There I got a pretty good deal on Spirit to Orlando. And then this morning flew standby on Southwest to KC. With the Express discount the Southwest flight cost $42.56 plus a $24 service fee. And no trouble at all getting onboard. Which is what makes it possible to do the traveling. There aren't too many perks being a FedEx retiree anymore but the airline discount is worth it's weight in gold. And as of last year retirees get the same discounts that still working employees get. Which about tripled the available airlines.

vantexan

Which simply confirms what many of us have long suspected. Your body never left the states and your travelogue never left your head.
You wish. Had trouble getting a standby flight on Delta out of Bogota. After three days bought a confirmed ticket from Bogota to Cartagena yesterday. There I got a pretty good deal on Spirit to Orlando. And then this morning flew standby on Southwest to KC. With the Express discount the Southwest flight cost $42.56 plus a $24 service fee. And no trouble at all getting onboard. Which is what makes it possible to do the traveling. There aren't too many perks being a FedEx retiree anymore but the airline discount is worth it's weight in gold. And as of last year retirees get the same discounts that still working employees get. Which about tripled the available airlines.

bacha29

You are welcome to past the same comments as many times as you want and it still isn't going to make anybody believe them.

vantexan

You are welcome to past the same comments as many times as you want and it still isn't going to make anybody believe them.
You were never an Express employee so I guess you just don't know what's available to our retirees. And for some reason you seem to hate the idea of going overseas to make the most of limited income. Older Americans put a lot of emphasis on "keeping up with the Joneses". They feel superior to those with less income than they have. All that goes out the window if a person with less income than you can do better lifestyle wise if he's willing to go overseas, and you aren't. I think that grates on you. But it's neither better or worse IMO, it's just different. I do know if we stay in the States we'll never have a decent retirement on our income.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Did you used to drive a former rental truck as transportation and wear glasses. If so, I might remember you from one of your past stations. It would also explain a lot.

vantexan

Did you used to drive a former rental truck as transportation and wear glasses. If so, I might remember you from one of your past stations. It would also explain a lot.
Not me. Do you have an issue with using one of the very few benefits FedEx retirees get?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not my favorite airline either. But cheap enough.

It's hard for me to patronize those cheapskate businesses. There's a fine line between "we're no frills" and "we sweat every last cent" and Spirit strikes me as more of the latter. There are some local convenience stores that charge a small fee to use a debit card for a transaction of less than $3 or $5 or whatever it is. Won't shop there even when I wouldn't have to pay the fee. Pet peeve.