Bezos divorce settlement

vantexan

It's hard for me to patronize those cheapskate businesses. There's a fine line between "we're no frills" and "we sweat every last cent" and Spirit strikes me as more of the latter. There are some local convenience stores that charge a small fee to use a debit card for a transaction of less than $3 or $5 or whatever it is. Won't shop there even when I wouldn't have to pay the fee. Pet peeve.
It's not much more to use JetBlue but the experience is much nicer. But I needed cheap right away and it was a couple hundred cheaper than other options.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's hard for me to patronize those cheapskate businesses. There's a fine line between "we're no frills" and "we sweat every last cent" and Spirit strikes me as more of the latter. There are some local convenience stores that charge a small fee to use a debit card for a transaction of less than $3 or $5 or whatever it is. Won't shop there even when I wouldn't have to pay the fee. Pet peeve.

If it’s $3 or $5

Use cash

Pet peeve

Because the store gets hit for a fee when you use a debit card or credit card. In a small purchase they are losing money.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If it’s $3 or $5

Use cash

Pet peeve
I use my credit card all the time for a dollar.

giphy.gif

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because the store gets hit for a fee when you use a debit card or credit card. In a small purchase they are losing money.

Yet all the other convenience stores sell the same things for the same price (and sometimes less) without the fee and they don't seem to have any issue making money. If that fee or minimum purchase requirement is enough to make or break you, then you don't need to be in business anyway. If they want to drive up the average sale, do it by offering a good reason to buy more, not "Buy more stuff or we'll charge you anyway because POOR PITIFUL US."

Yet all the other convenience stores sell the same things for the same price (and sometimes less) without the fee and they don't seem to have any issue making money. If that fee or minimum purchase requirement is enough to make or break you, then you don't need to be in business anyway. If they want to drive up the average sale, do it by offering a good reason to buy more, not "Buy more stuff or we'll charge you anyway because POOR PITIFUL US."
You aren't in business to sell at a loss.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe blame the credit card companies and banks for the huge fees they charge.

59 Dano

You aren't in business to sell at a loss.

Maybe blame the credit card companies and banks for the huge fees they charge.

As I said in the prior post, how come everyone else can do just fine without such fees , yet they can't?

My local supermarket is pays much better than any of the surrounding convenience stores, sells things cheaper than convenience stores, is open 24/7, and does just fine - as do the non-fee convenience stores.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
As I said in the prior post, how come everyone else can do just fine without such fees , yet they can't?

My local supermarket is pays much better than any of the surrounding convenience stores, sells things cheaper than convenience stores, is open 24/7, and does just fine - as do the non-fee convenience stores.
Your supermarket is also moving WAY more product.

You don’t know what margins are on everything either.

Are you buying a $100 worth of groceries at the convenience store?

I think not.

59 Dano

Your supermarket is also moving WAY more product.

You don’t know what margins are on everything either.

Are you buying a $100 worth of groceries at the convenience store?

I think not.

And when I buy $2.50 worth of stuff at the supermarket, they don't penalize me. And --GET THIS!!-- neither do any of the normal convenience stores! How do they stay in business?

A store that charges that BS charge is either ripping off the customer or they just suck at business. Perhaps both.