Bible discussion: Sola Scriptura or Prima Scriptura? “On topic”

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by Integrity, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

I tried to buy into “Sola Scriptura” for years but I have settled on “Prima Scriptura” as the correct view of the Bible for me to take with regards to my walk of faith.

Any thoughts or comments regarding this post or the topic of the thread would be most interesting to me.

Peace.

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I am on team Prima as well .

3. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Thanks for contributing!

4. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Never heard those terms, what are they?

5. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

6. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Prima sounds like you can believe what you want, as long as someone, somewhere has written it down, and confirms what you want to believe, and that there is no absolute truths.

7. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

All I know about religion is that more people have been killed fighting over it than any other reason there is.

8. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I thought life after brown was a non on topic sub forum?

9. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

This is not the topic but since you are confused I will respond and not report it off topic.

However if others get confused and try to make this issue of the thread then I will be forced to report it off topic.

It is my understanding that Life After Brown forum covers a wide range of non-UPS topics however it still allows for threads to be requested to be “On Topic”.

That is my thought at least.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  10. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

depends on who’s sitting at the mod desk

11. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Do you have a view of the Bible?

12. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

I believe----I just don't believe in organized religion--its nothing but a big business that gets all the tax breaks.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Are you asking if I can see it or are you asking me for my opinion on it?

14. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

I wasn’t actually asking you anything. I was actually responding to a reply to this thread from @rod.

I do welcome your contribution to the topic of this discussion thread however.

Sincerely,
    I

15. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

I can understand your position. Thanks for contributing to this discussion.

16. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I don't believe in either completely. When you seek the truth you will find it, whether it be in scripture, nature, your own contemplation, that of others. Scripture can be interpreted to fit any agenda, true or not. There are numerous versions and translations of the Bible. You can choose to accept a figure of speech in the Bible as literal, if you want.

An idea among biblical scholars that seems to be gaining traction is that the early Jews were actually pantheistic. Elohim, Yahweh, and Jehovah can actually be taken as names of different gods. There is a version of the Bible that presents the scripture as such, called the Name of God version.

Many of the versions we have today are based on the canonized version of the Bible established by the council of nicea, which was done under the direction of the Holy Roman Emporer, and declared the Gnostics to be heresy. So, It's kinda up to you to decide which version you will accept, but that doesn't change the truth.

17. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Well said.