Bible discussion: Sola Scriptura or Prima Scriptura? “On topic”

Integrity

Binge Poster
I tried to buy into “Sola Scriptura” for years but I have settled on “Prima Scriptura” as the correct view of the Bible for me to take with regards to my walk of faith.

Any thoughts or comments regarding this post or the topic of the thread would be most interesting to me.

Peace.

upschuck

Prima sounds like you can believe what you want, as long as someone, somewhere has written it down, and confirms what you want to believe, and that there is no absolute truths.

rod

Retired 22 years
All I know about religion is that more people have been killed fighting over it than any other reason there is.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I thought life after brown was a non on topic sub forum?
This is not the topic but since you are confused I will respond and not report it off topic.

However if others get confused and try to make this issue of the thread then I will be forced to report it off topic.

It is my understanding that Life After Brown forum covers a wide range of non-UPS topics however it still allows for threads to be requested to be “On Topic”.

That is my thought at least.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't believe in either completely. When you seek the truth you will find it, whether it be in scripture, nature, your own contemplation, that of others. Scripture can be interpreted to fit any agenda, true or not. There are numerous versions and translations of the Bible. You can choose to accept a figure of speech in the Bible as literal, if you want.

An idea among biblical scholars that seems to be gaining traction is that the early Jews were actually pantheistic. Elohim, Yahweh, and Jehovah can actually be taken as names of different gods. There is a version of the Bible that presents the scripture as such, called the Name of God version.

Many of the versions we have today are based on the canonized version of the Bible established by the council of nicea, which was done under the direction of the Holy Roman Emporer, and declared the Gnostics to be heresy. So, It's kinda up to you to decide which version you will accept, but that doesn't change the truth.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don't believe in either completely. When you seek the truth you will find it, whether it be in scripture, nature, your own contemplation, that of others. Scripture can be interpreted to fit any agenda, true or not. There are numerous versions and translations of the Bible. You can choose to accept a figure of speech in the Bible as literal, if you want.

An idea among biblical scholars that seems to be gaining traction is that the early Jews were actually pantheistic. Elohim, Yahweh, and Jehovah can actually be taken as names of different gods. There is a version of the Bible that presents the scripture as such, called the Name of God version.

Many of the versions we have today are based on the canonized version of the Bible established by the council of nicea, which was done under the direction of the Holy Roman Emporer, and declared the Gnostics to be heresy. So, It's kinda up to you to decide which version you will accept, but that doesn't change the truth.
Well said.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you you came to the conclusion that in your opinion, and in your belief the Bible contains some human imperfection, some mistakes, and some confusing contradictions then would you still believe in God?