Bid Air Driver Pay

IJustWorkHere

Anybody have real concrete answers ? I’m being told 2 different things . I’m inside hub & bid on a PT Air Bid PM to airport . Contract says starting pay for air is $15 but I’m well over that with my other hub position . My question is will I be making the $15 or will I be making top for Air Driver . I’m being told $15 then others saying red circled . I’m not sure what’s what . HR is unreachable and damn near unavailable . I’ll be driving for first time tomorrow & would really like to have an idea of what this pay is. Anybody familiar with this ?

IJustWorkHere

That’s horrible . I make 19.67 now I’ll go backwards. And in 4 years my inside rate will be 23.00 and my air driver rate will only be $21 . Damn I’m not sure if this is worth it . These are PT hrs . Can’t survive off $15 working 2-3 hours for 4 years . Wtf UPS .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That’s horrible . I make 19.67 now I’ll go backwards. And in 4 years my inside rate will be 23.00 and my air driver rate will only be $21 . Damn I’m not sure if this is worth it . These are PT hrs . Can’t survive off $15 working 2-3 hours for 4 years . Wtf UPS .
But you can survive off $19 working 2-3 hours?

542thruNthru

You won't be at $15 for 4 years.
sketch-1572973074729.jpg

Don't take the job and go 22.4 if you want.

derrick

you will be red circled into your pay. so if you are making 19 it will be 19 until your progression catches up to your pay. im a PM air driver with 12 years part time inside and 1 year driving and I was red circled into the pay then after progression its 30 driving and 20 inside

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
you will be red circled into your pay. so if you are making 19 it will be 19 until your progression catches up to your pay. im a PM air driver with 12 years part time inside and 1 year driving and I was red circled into the pay then after progression its 30 driving and 20 inside
Its only red circle if you are a non bid air driver. If you bid a job and change classification you are 15 with 4 yr progression
Time spent as non bid driver does count towards progression

542thruNthru

That's not correct. Also you are a Combo if I remember correctly. Not a PT air driver.
Screenshot_20191105-113344_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

IJustWorkHere

It's funny nobody understands the language . I just spoke to my HR and she's still claiming $28 . So guess I'll just have to wait to see what's on the check. If it's $28 I won't bother HR for a correction . First day out is today . Riding along with a full time so he can show me the ropes .

542thruNthru

It's funny nobody understands the language . I just spoke to my HR and she's still claiming $28 . So guess I'll just have to wait to see what's on the check. If it's $28 I won't bother HR for a correction . First day out is today . Riding along with a full time so he can show me the ropes .

HR is telling you what the top rate is. I'd be amazed if you start at top rate for PT air. Hope you do though. :)

542thruNthru

(c) All new hire full-time or part-time air drivers will be placed in
the applicable progression in paragraphs (a.) or (b.) above. Part-
time employees who bid into a full-time air driver job covered by
this Section will be red-circled at their current wage rate until such
time as the calculated progression rate set forth above exceeds that
rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for
the purposes of applying the progression set forth above. A part-
time employee shall not lose the red-circle protection provided by
this paragraph as a result of transferring from one full-time air driv-
er job to another full-time air driver job

Exactly. He's going PT air driver. If he was going FT it would be a different story.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It does say, however, that the wages in art. 40 are in combination with article 22 and etc. so we may have a variety of answers on this.

Last edited:

Wheeler

"King"
Anybody have real concrete answers ? I’m being told 2 different things . I’m inside hub & bid on a PT Air Bid PM to airport . Contract says starting pay for air is $15 but I’m well over that with my other hub position . My question is will I be making the $15 or will I be making top for Air Driver . I’m being told $15 then others saying red circled . I’m not sure what’s what . HR is unreachable and damn near unavailable . I’ll be driving for first time tomorrow & would really like to have an idea of what this pay is. Anybody familiar with this ?
I just got part time bid air position this year and there is a calculation if you have driven air before and it is for every 4 days on which air work was performed 1 month of progression shall be granted I got top rate but had to grieve it to get it because they tried to fight the wording of the contract

Wheeler

"King"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191105-160956.png
    Screenshot_20191105-160956.png
    394.9 KB · Views: 304