Big Brown Button

outamyway

I hope they were donated. I'd hate to see our company spending money on something like that when they are laying off people in some areas.

barnyard

KTM rider
I handed mine out on Wednesday. The automotive recycling center has been giving me crap ever since......

Whatever.

TB

J

Just another cover driver

Most of the customers on the route I was on Thursday thought it was a waste of money who evers money it was to make up BIG BROWN buttons to give out. Hey if you like horse racing that is great but most people could care less here in the midwest!!

satellitedriver

The only place I have heard of a Big Brown button is on this site.
Heck, all the uniforms I ordered came up missing, after being left on the counter in the center.
I never got a piece of the plane, either.
I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.

Yes it is a waste of money, time and proof that our company is being run by morons. I see no difference in this "Big Brown" crap and the racing car sponsorship. All are wasting company dollars in the name of "advertising" when is nothing more than rich, powerful people feeding their own egos on corporate expense. The stockholders don't gripe about ti too much because they have been fed the lines of how much good advertising does. I'm sure there is no way to find out the whole truth but I really doubt that we gained a significant amount if new customers or a substantial increase in volume for all the millions we have spent on this type of "Advertising". Does anyone believe that someone that is in the need for shipping large numbers of packages was setting at home one Saturday afternoon watching nascar saw Dale Jarret making left hand turns and thought "hmmmm, looks like there is a package carrier name UPS, think I'll start shipping with them."?
Nascar...Big Brown...foolishness at it's best.

B

BigBrownDad

I put my button on my shirt just before the family went out to hang out with friends last night. My son saw it and said "dad, that's disturbing - take it off." He said he wouldn't go with us if I didn't take it off.

I couldn't think of anything to do with it, but at least we got a good laugh.

Note: I wasn't seriously going to wear it. lol

ups79

I put my button on my shirt just before the family went out to hang out with friends last night. My son saw it and said "dad, that's disturbing - take it off." He said he wouldn't go with us if I didn't take it off.

I couldn't think of anything to do with it, but at least we got a good laugh.

Note: I wasn't seriously going to wear it. lol

Sounds like your son is still dictating what you can and cannot do. Wasn't "cool" enough for him?

B

BigBrownDad

Sounds like your son is still dictating what you can and cannot do. Wasn't "cool" enough for him?

He doesn't dictate anything, but he is 13 and quite the funny guy. Today I told him that I'd take him to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the race IF he'd agreed to wear the button while there. We'll see how much his coolness is worth.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
we never got a big brown button,who ever we get free addmission to Suffolk Downs todaty to see the simalcast [big horse track outside of Boston] they will even give us a 2$ win ticket to bet if i read it right!! go BIG BROWN & GO CELTICS !!!!!!!!!!!