BIG Changes in March?

Damon77

This sounds really good when drawn on a cocktail napkin in the hotel lobby of the Hyatt Regency in Memphis, and probably got some young gun a big pat on the back for coming up with a plan that justifies why he makes 137k a year.

But I don't see the logic at starting drivers at 4am. There is no possible way to get the freight to 98% of the country that early. They can't get it to us by 830am in August. What happens to P1 service? The guys starting at noon can't do it. And even if you could, what happened when the plane is inevitably late? Do you need 2 fleets of trucks for the PM shift?

NC man

This company gets more stupid every yr, retired 3 trucks at our station and no replacements, not yet anyway.you need trucks to del pkgs, pretty basic in del biz.
Director doesn’t like to get rentals so we do pups will pup drivers sit in station waiting for a truck, brilliant!

FedexGirl

This company gets more stupid every yr, retired 3 trucks at our station and no replacements, not yet anyway.you need trucks to del pkgs, pretty basic in del biz.
Director doesn’t like to get rentals so we do pups will pup drivers sit in station waiting for a truck, brilliant!
Same here

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
He or she is making themselves look good on paper in Memphis by saving money but the lack of vehicles is being hidden from Memphis somehow.

!Retired!

Stop posting rumors. Memphis can't get us our freight by 6:30, you think they'll be able to get it to us by 3:00? Also, the only routes that CAN go out that early are resi routes. That's only half our station. Somebody in Memphis is brainstorming and the BS filters down and gets posted online.

CatMan

I beg to differ , our management is getting stupider by the day. But I don't mind cause l can flounder somewhere in the middle and just go about my business - being mediocre. ...cause that's what our standard is now.....I remember when a wrong day late was a big deal, now we roll over an entire route due to lack of staffing. .....it's a sad decline.

SmithBarney

4am... cool planes land at 630, freight doesn't arrive til 8.. 4 free hours what can we do... Let us not forget smartpost is coming back too.

Serf

We’ve heard rumors of the two sort thing. Even quasi planning. I work at a large station. The mid shift full time routes are being implemented on the belts to give some of the heavier routes relief. Those drivers come in at 10 and grab the 30 or so P2 left for them and stay out doing pickups until 19:30/20:00. If it works I’m also told it will “help” us from not going over 9 hrs. Instead of the 10,11+were at daily.

AB831

We are never told anything until the day before it happens.
That’s the way the company does things. If they give you a heads up to sweeping changes, you might make other arrangements or look for another job. If they tell you Friday afternoon that starting Monday you’ll be working at 4 AM, there’s not much you can do. This lack of communication isn’t due to incompetence. It’s deliberate.

AB831

4am... cool planes land at 630, freight doesn't arrive til 8.. 4 free hours what can we do... Let us not forget smartpost is coming back too.
Makes no difference to Fat Freddy. All of his initiatives to save money end up costing the company a fortune. The 4 AM guys will probably end up clocking out at 4 PM and getting double time every day, while the noon guys will get called in to help with the inevitable cluster:censored2:. Nothing will be done from Memphis’s end other than sending strongly worded emails to unqualified local managers to “figure it out.”

HedleyLamarr

I haven't heard anything about this at my station, but something they are doing to try and cut overtime is forcing some routes to go 4x10. So far only 2 have flipped to the new schedule, and the couriers are furious, but they want quite a few others to change as well. Several couriers at my station are threatening to quit if their route gets changed.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I haven't heard anything about this at my station, but something they are doing to try and cut overtime is forcing some routes to go 4x10. So far only 2 have flipped to the new schedule, and the couriers are furious, but they want quite a few others to change as well. Several couriers at my station are threatening to quit if their route gets changed.
Yeah, they’re changing routes at my station to 4/10s also. And they’ve hired six casual and six FT couriers. Not enough trucks for the routes we have now though. Lol.

AB831

But they can’t quit, and Fat Freddy knows this and will use it to his advantage