Big Thanks & Shout Out to the IBT...GREAT CONTRACT

dudebro

Under inflation pay raises. So actually a pay cut.

All of the rest of that could have been handled by hiring and putting more full time, full scale drivers on the road.

In all honesty, I took the next 5 years expected inflation and applied it to the current top driver rate to see what the "baseline" was with inflation. Inflation is expected to average about 2.4% per year. I came up with $4.10 over 5 years as a "COLA", more than this would be a raise.

At $4.15, the contract has a COLA for existing drivers - it's standard. It's not great, but it's not an insult either.

As for "record profits", no, there aren't. Domestic package revenue has gone up 4 billion from 2015-2017, and domestic package profit has remained level during the same period, including the tax cut. The last "record" domestic package profit was in 2015. The remaining profits are coming from non-US ops and freight.

These are the same company numbers many use to cry "record profits", so don't say you believe one number on the UPS financial reports and not another.

Other unions, that don’t bust their asses half as hard as us, for companies that make less. That’s who.
Saw a story yesterday morning on CBS? Longshoremen were/are being paid for 27 hours a day. One guy went to prison for fraud, he was paid something like $463,000 one year, or for years.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In all honesty, I took the next 5 years expected inflation and applied it to the current top driver rate to see what the "baseline" was with inflation. Inflation is expected to average about 2.4% per year. I came up with $4.10 over 5 years as a "COLA", more than this would be a raise.

At $4.15, the contract has a COLA - it's standard. It's not great, but it's not an insult either.

As for "record profits", no, there aren't. Domestic package revenue has gone up 4 billion from 2015-2017, and domestic package profit has remained level during the same period, including the tax cut. The last "record" domestic package profit was in 2015. The remaining profits are coming from non-US ops and freight.

These are the same company numbers many use to cry "record profits", so don't say you believe one number on the UPS financial reports and not another.
The company has also upped the dividend and spending on improvements a significant amout in that time just like the massive building improvements they have planned over the next few years is basically eating up the tax cut.

I know we don't all make the same either because 2.4% is 90 cents for me and 3% is over $1.

At $4.15, the contract has a COLA for existing drivers - it's standard. It's not great, but it's not an insult either.

I do find it funny when people say “record profits” and don’t calculate inflation. But will use inflation as an excuse why they haven’t gotten a raise in 20 years. In 2023 a full time driver will have gotten a 105% pay raise over 25 years.

upsmaster

The hybrid driver plan was originally proposed by the Teamsters union, not the company, according to leaks from the union negotiating committee. This information has provoked widespread anger among the rank and file. Yesterday’s announcement amounts to a provocation against UPS workers. Lead negotiator Denis T, the bargaining committee, and Teamsters President James P. Hoffa simply ignored the near-unanimous opposition among UPS workers to the creation of a second tier of drivers. Instead, the Teamsters claimed that the new tier was in response to “membership concerns, including Saturday and Sunday delivery, excessive forced overtime [and] time off.”

Chester

The company has also upped the dividend and spending on improvements a significant amout in that time just like the massive building improvements they have planned over the next few years is basically eating up the tax cut.

I know we don't all make the same either because 2.4% is 90 cents for me and 3% is over $1.
Ok they upped the dividends, SO buy some make stock!

On August 1, 2023 you will have gotten a 105% raise over 25 years. Do you think wages will be $62 by 2048?

Edd O'Rion

If they can’t cut permanent driving positions, how has UPS gotten away with permanently cutting routes all these years, even though we’re busier than ever? I haven’t seen a split route become a permanent one in years.