Black Friday Pick Up Volume

UPSER110

Anyone else get slammed with P/u volume today? I picked up 700 pieces from the local mall, would have had another 300 more from toysrus but it wouldn't fit and I had to make it in for the Air Shuttle. I'm driving a big UPS box truck for peak, it sucks.

I guess today's volume exceeded any day from last year, just wait till all of it hits later this week.

barnyard

KTM rider
We had 3 trucks brick out at a small hunter's warehouse on the route next to the one I am covering. Plus all my regular PUs were very heavy.

barnyard

KTM rider
Tomorrow should be our easiest day of the week. We had a trailer come in a day early from Chicago and rather than hold it, preload unloaded it today. Today was not horrible and tomorrow could be nicer. Wed-Fri is going to be tough.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tomorrow should be our easiest day of the week. We had a trailer come in a day early from Chicago and rather than hold it, preload unloaded it today. Today was not horrible and tomorrow could be nicer. Wed-Fri is going to be tough.

Wed-December 24th is going to be tough. Online sales up 30% today not to mention all signs point toward a huge Christmas season this year.

barnyard

KTM rider
small centers. 58 routes in.

We are getting close to that. There were 4 Ryders by the mechanics this evening. I wonder who they are going to have drive them. Although we did have 1 guy take a voluntary day off and a couple of people went out kind of light and helped with pick ups. I got in at 18:15ish and there were quite a few in already. I would guess that I was part of the last 3rd to come in.

Not a terrible day.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wednesday I had a 9.97 dispatch, Friday I worked 7 hrs, Today I punched out 730, most in. It was probably a 7 hr day by their numbers. 337 pcs del, 135 pu, 80 miles. All I know is it took me 10. it is going to be brutal, they are not prepared.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The Des Moines Iowa building had a Sunday sort. They said the volume was 150,000, which is unheard of for a building that size. Some 68 long boxes from Amazon unloaded. This is the time of the year to be a feeder driver. Literally, you can't tell a difference between peak and a day from the middle of the year. In fact, we have so many contract drivers working that we may actually work a little less than normal.

barnyard

KTM rider
Tomorrow should be our easiest day of the week.

I was horribly wrong.

Today was super heavy, plus we had late air. The PO sort was not done when we left, so they sent out bags with late air. I got 4 PO bags and 8 loose boxes for the PO, only 2 air packages. I hope this is not how it goes for the rest of peak.

UPSER110

I was horribly wrong.

Today was super heavy, plus we had late air. The PO sort was not done when we left, so they sent out bags with late air. I got 4 PO bags and 8 loose boxes for the PO, only 2 air packages. I hope this is not how it goes for the rest of peak.

Today was the lightest delivery day I have seen the past couple weeks, It was nice to stop and buy my helper lunch and relax for a few. Pick ups in the evening were heavy again though from cyber Monday. Tomorrow we are gonna get slammed, we have the last available cover driver working... and its not even December, talk about being short staffed.