Blowing out a day route is bad

Serf

I understand if it’s Peak Season and everyone helps out where they can. But it seems like almost every late afternoon dispatch or managers are calling or messaging to go take deliveries off another route or worse; do the front end of a night route. Of course most times the answer is no. Until recently I’ve been told you have to. Between stagnant raises, crap help, crap mgt, coming cameras installed in trucks, etc. I’ve never given more thought to resigning than I did the past few days.

AB831

I understand if it’s Peak Season and everyone helps out where they can. But it seems like almost every late afternoon dispatch or managers are calling or messaging to go take deliveries off another route or worse; do the front end of a night route. Of course most times the answer is no. Until recently I’ve been told you have to. Between stagnant raises, crap help, crap mgt, coming cameras installed in trucks, etc. I’ve never given more thought to resigning than I did the past few days.
You’re a soldier in Fat Freddy’s army, and you swore an oath to god and country when you signed the paper that mentioned “operational needs.” In all seriousness, if you have any fall back options, you should strongly consider it. I think the problem you described is only going to get worse as November turns to December.

bacha29

Don't you remember, Bud. It's Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

It's a nonunion shop therefore there's no limit as to how bad it could get. Hopefully you might get a little bit of money out of it and more importantly higher Social Security reported earnings which will help boost your monthly benefit. And given the way Fat Freddy is slowly dismantling your benefit plan it could very easily be all you'll have in the end.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

It’s all about @Operational needs

AB831

Did you really? Why?
I got a job working with special needs children at school much closer to home. It’s far less of a commute, and it’s in the field that I’m studying, so it was win-win. My best friend still works for FedEx (he got me hired in 2016), so I’ll be pretty in the loop still.

JJinVA

I got a job working with special needs children at school much closer to home. It’s far less of a commute, and it’s in the field that I’m studying, so it was win-win. My best friend still works for FedEx (he got me hired in 2016), so I’ll be pretty in the loop still.
Best of luck.