Blowing out a day route is bad

AB831

My state doesn't have such a plan. It was discontinued when Obamacare came in. We make too much money to get Obamacare at an affordable rate and private insurance has crazy high deductibles and max out of pockets. Been paying Cobra for a while. Just like buying a new home, you get used to the bigger note and you suck it up. Once our 18 months is up, it's time for retiree insurance and the company paid reimbursement account.
And you said retiring was stupidity. Lol. Everyday is Saturday as my retirement planner always tells me. Best move a person can make as long as they saved during their working yrs.
Sounds like you did the bare minimum research which seems to match your effort for life in general. Enjoy your “retirement” although I’m not sure what you’re actually retiring from.

falcon back

Big deal.

High premiums, short term coverage and high deductibles.

Nah!
As usual you would be mistaken. Same coverage as an employee, deductibles and max out of pockets. You even get the HRA that employees get. 18 months of coverage. Beginning in 2021. FedEx is paying a monthly supplement up to $600 per month to help with the cost. Just maybe you dont know as much as you think.

falcon back

Sounds like you did the bare minimum research which seems to match your effort for life in general. Enjoy your “retirement” although I’m not sure what you’re actually retiring from.
When you have a nice retirement nest egg, your income prevents you from getting subsidized insurance. Like I said, you are the authority on everything, even when you have no clue to what you are talking about.

bacha29

When you have a nice retirement nest egg, your income prevents you from getting subsidized insurance. Like I said, you are the authority on everything, even when you have no clue to what you are talking about.
If there's only 2 people living in your household and your income is above about $62,000 per year then you're pretty much SOOL. Furthermore if the Trump SCOTUS overturns the ACA combined with a healthcare system collapsing under the weight of COVID we're all SOOL, which could very easily mean... no cash... no care.

AB831

Who said anything about subsidized insurance? You can buy a plan through your state for a hell of a lot cheaper than paying the full premium for Fat Freddy’s two bit insurance plan. But hey, don’t let me tell you how to spend your wife’s “lottery winnings.”

bacha29

Who said anything about subsidized insurance? You can buy a plan through your state for a hell of a lot cheaper than paying the full premium for Fat Freddy’s two bit insurance plan. But hey, don’t let me tell you how to spend your wife’s “lottery winnings.”
The only "state" insurance I know of is Medicaid. A state managed but 90% federally funded health insurance plan for the impoverished including those who work for very low wages.

Do you guys know of any states that offer anything additional?

AB831

The only "state" insurance I know of is Medicaid. A state managed but 90% federally funded health insurance plan for the impoverished including those who work for very low wages.

Do you guys know of any states that offer anything additional?
Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania let you buy your own insurance through a state-run marketplace. The amount you pay varies on the insurance you need, and it can be pricy, but it’s still significantly cheaper than COBRA.

falcon back

Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania let you buy your own insurance through a state-run marketplace. The amount you pay varies on the insurance you need, and it can be pricy, but it’s still significantly cheaper than COBRA.
Do you have ANY idea what Cobra costs?

falcon back

I dont live in Maryland, Delaware or Pennsylvania. Like I said, my state discontinued its state plan when Obamacare was created. Guess reading comprehension isnt your strong point.

You are just ignorant about retiree insurance cost , needs and options. Stay in your lane.

AB831

I dont live in Maryland, Delaware or Pennsylvania. Like I said, my state discontinued its state plan when Obamacare was created. Guess reading comprehension isnt your strong point.

You are just ignorant about retiree insurance cost , needs and options. Stay in your lane.
Yeah, I’ll take reading comprehension pointers from a guy who can’t spell or punctuate a sentence. Stay in YOUR lane.

bacha29

Right. The states manage their own exchanges under the ACA which is permitted rather than the federal exchanges but do these states underwrite their own insurance contracts? To my knowledge they don't. All their doing is managing the ACA/Obamacare program.

bacha29

Right. The states manage their own exchanges under the ACA which is permitted rather than the federal exchanges but do these states underwrite their own insurance contracts? To my knowledge they don't. All their doing is managing the ACA/Obamacare program.
Correction: they're.