boise idaho driver wait list

rod

Retired 22 years
Saying one can transfer from Ca. to Idaho to begin with--where do they fall in seniority wise? I would assume they go to the bottom of the list otherwise half the state of Ca. would want to transfer elsewhere.

MAKAVELI

Saying one can transfer from Ca. to Idaho to begin with--where do they fall in seniority wise? I would assume they go to the bottom of the list otherwise half the state of Ca. would want to transfer elsewhere.
Half the state does not want to transfer to Idaho. Especially those who are not white.

542thruNthru

You go to the bottom but keep all you vacation weeks and things like that. We had a 25 year guy transfer into our center.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

transfer out of district is nearly impossible unless there was a change of operations where work was transferred from that specific hub to the hub in Idaho. if work goes then the driver would go with seniority.

otherwise there have been cases of "hardship " transfers but extremely rare. in that case the driver would go to bottom of list.

the only other way and this is an extreme gamble is to quit UPS at your hub and then apply at the hub you want to work at. there have been many stories of HR managers telling drivers to do this with a "guarantee" that they will be hired at the new hub and then when they go there the new HR dept. don't know what they are talking about.

I had a hardship transfer from a California hub to a Nevada hub in feeder. work did not follow me so i had to start at the bottom. I am not 100% sure of these rules since almost 20 years have gone by since i did it.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
being a misanthrope has it's advantages
ross.gif

542thruNthru

transfer out of district is nearly impossible unless there was a change of operations where work was transferred from that specific hub to the hub in Idaho. if work goes then the driver would go with seniority.

otherwise there have been cases of "hardship " transfers but extremely rare. in that case the driver would go to bottom of list.

the only other way and this is an extreme gamble is to quit UPS at your hub and then apply at the hub you want to work at. there have been many stories of HR managers telling drivers to do this with a "guarantee" that they will be hired at the new hub and then when they go there the new HR dept. don't know what they are talking about.

I had a hardship transfer from a California hub to a Nevada hub in feeder. work did not follow me so i had to start at the bottom. I am not 100% sure of these rules since almost 20 years have gone by since i did it.

Someone please post this for @olroadbeech so she will stop spreading inaccurate information that she believes is knowledge. I believe she has me on ignore ;) People need to remember that not everywhere is the same.
20180627_184858.jpg
20180627_184927.jpg

sandwich

The resident gearhead
That can't be right. Everybody wants to leave Cali.:happy2:
I transferred out of OC where I was born and raised to Washington state. Most don't want to leave. But it's getting hard to live there. Got a buddy who's a driver, he has to sell his house because property taxes keep going up and now he can't afford his mortgage. If he sold his house to buy another he wouldn't have enough to put as a down. So he's going to transfer out of state.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

This is 100% incorrect. Are you sure you worked at UPS. I transferred out of state no problem. Put my name on the transfer list and h.r. called me 8 months later asking if I still wanted to transfer to Washington. So now here I am in the PNW.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yeah, when you transfer your the bottom seniority driver in your new center. But you keep all benefits, pay and retirement.

542thruNthru

This is 100% incorrect. Are you sure you worked at UPS. I transferred out of state no problem. Put my name on the transfer list and h.r. called me 8 months later asking if I still wanted to transfer to Washington. So now here I am in the PNW.

If she did work for UPS she was Nor Cal and they have different rules about transferring.

MAKAVELI

I transferred out of OC where I was born and raised to Washington state. Most don't want to leave. But it's getting hard to live there. Got a buddy who's a driver, he has to sell his house because property taxes keep going up and now he can't afford his mortgage. If he sold his house to buy another he wouldn't have enough to put as a down. So he's going to transfer out of state.
Yeah I understand the hardship of living in Cali as far as cost of living and don't begrudge anyone leaving for their family. I'm just tired of the bs propaganda that there is a mass migration out of the state. That's just bull*. I love living here and understand it takes some sacrifice to stay here and enjoy the lifestyle we have here.

brown_trousers

I thought you guys had that law in cali that freezes property taxes when you buy a house. Did they repeal that?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I thought you guys had that law in cali that freezes property taxes when you buy a house. Did they repeal that?
I don't know. I didn't. I left in 2016. My property taxes were 8 grand a year for my town house. Then I received a supplemental property tax bill in the mail for 3800. That was about it for me.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yeah I understand the hardship of living in Cali as far as cost of living and don't begrudge anyone leaving for their family. I'm just tired of the bs propaganda that there is a mass migration out of the state. That's just bull*. I love living here and understand it takes some sacrifice to stay here and enjoy the lifestyle we have here.
I certainly miss things about living there. But as a car guy. California SUCKS!! Cars are my main hobby. it was just about impossible to enjoy my hobby there on a workers budget.