Bonus centers good or bad for drivers???

At one time, a few years back, most time studies were close to fair and running bonus was possible. Now the only bonus happens for the guys who work off the clock or the suck-ups. It is tough to give up something you have, but for me bonus just doesn't exist.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At one time, a few years back, most time studies were close to fair and running bonus was possible. Now the only bonus happens for the guys who work off the clock or the suck-ups. It is tough to give up something you have, but for me bonus just doesn't exist.
I'm interested to see where the time studies go ober the next 10-15 years.

If it keeps up we will all be working 10-11 hours but have 7 hour planned days.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Bonus doesn't effect you as you shouldn't worry about what the routes plan up to. For those that want to keep it they'll burn themselves out eventually as they slowly decrease the plan time. For those that don't want to keep, how does it effect you? You shouldn't worry about the plan, worry about staying safe and efficient.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Bonus is terrible for a center. The end result is a having a bunch of drivers with spoiled brat syndrome.
They'd be brats with or without bonus. Most just RnG for the earlier time they get to go home. If it was a money issue, they'd work steady and safe, realizing they'd make more with less work if they simply did that. I got hours upon hours of bonus last year. I never once felt I was entitled to it, yet they add it on my check. If they stopped doing bonus today, wouldn't bother me a bit.

Overpaid Union Thug

They'd be brats with or without bonus. Most just RnG for the earlier time they get to go home. If it was a money issue, they'd work steady and safe, realizing they'd make more with less work if they simply did that. I got hours upon hours of bonus last year. I never once felt I was entitled to it, yet they add it on my check. If they stopped doing bonus today, wouldn't bother me a bit.

There are many bonus babies that feel entitled to bonus whether they earned it or not. Some actually think that there is a conspiracy to cut their miles (bonus) if their routes are dispatched to be more condensed. They also think there is a conspiracy when the NDAs they normally run from a adjacent route are cut back to the adjacent route or air driver. They also think that they are entitled to cherry pick certain areas of their route, or even the adjacent route, to run that are quick and easy in order to get more bonus and that they can dump the rest on another driver. I could go on but I just got home and would like to do some other things before I go to bed. I guess I'm just a slug non bonus driver. :)
With most of the bonus drivers feeling like they deserve the bonus because they work so much harder and smarter then the non bonus drivers. "Why should I have to go help a slacker?"
And they wonder why they get in accidents and keep getting more work added to their routes. They just don't get just how much they are shooting themselves, and everyone else that follows, in the foot.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
There are many bonus babies that feel entitled to bonus whether they earned it or not. Some actually think that there is a conspiracy to cut their miles (bonus) if their routes are dispatched to be more condensed. They also think there is a conspiracy when the NDAs they normally run from a adjacent route are cut back to the adjacent route or air driver. They also think that they are entitled to cherry pick certain areas of their route, or even the adjacent route, to run that are quick and easy in order to get more bonus and that they can dump the rest on another driver. I could go on but I just got home and would like to do some other things before I go to bed. I guess I'm just a slug non bonus driver. :)
I have drivers like that in my loop, I say "One man's trash is another man's treasure". Give me all your funk if you want, less stops for me, more money in my pocket.

MethodsMan

And they wonder why they get in accidents and keep getting more work added to their routes. They just don't get just how much they are shooting themselves, and everyone else that follows, in the foot.

Seems like you worry too much about what other people are doing.

margaritaville

I got two questions about bonusing....

1. Say you are gonna bonus for your planned day but then they make you go help another driver and take 20 stops off him. Do those 20 stops factor into your planned day or does it just ruin your stats?

2. Say you get a misload that is 30min away and they tell you to deliver it. Will that factor into your planned day also? Or does it just stay the same and anything that goes wrong screws your bonus?

Im not asking this because i want to bonus. Just so that if i don't bonus and i'm way over-allowed, that ill be able to defend myself better and make them leave me alone.