Bonus centers good or bad for drivers???

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I got two questions about bonusing....

1. Say you are gonna bonus for your planned day but then they make you go help another driver and take 20 stops off him. Do those 20 stops factor into your planned day or does it just ruin your stats?

2. Say you get a misload that is 30min away and they tell you to deliver it. Will that factor into your planned day also? Or does it just stay the same and anything that goes wrong screws your bonus?

Im not asking this because i want to bonus. Just so that if i don't bonus and i'm way over-allowed, that ill be able to defend myself better and make them leave me alone.
Both situations factor into and increase your planned day.

Overpaid Union Thug

Seems like you worry too much about what other people are doing.
Not quite. In fact....if you reread my post it will be obvious that the bonus babies worry too much about what others are doing. We've even had more than a few file on losing miles, air stops, gravy areas, and plenty of other nonsense. I wish I could see the guys down at the local scratching their heads when they read that garbage.

2Slow

I think bonus is a bad deal.
It's ripe for abuse, it encourages unsafe work habits, and I've seen a lot of guys fired for fudging the numbers in one way or another.
Maybe the dishonest ones would have gotten fired eventually anyway, but it seems to attract them like a sparkly toy.

When I was in delivery, we tried to get it voted out. Funny how everyone's numbers magically got better all of a sudden... For a while.

anHOURover

VOTE IT OUT!! Everyone in my center and I say EVERYONE who makes any bonus is breaking the rules!!
Let's start by working off the clock on the morning! We have a few who beat the sups into work!! YES. In their trucks at 6 am for a 830 start time!!
Let's not forget that they all "put an hour" in the board and shove a 711 hot dog down their mouth in 2 minutes and keep it moving!! Working unsafe all day by rushing and not following methods! The customer gets screwed by the bonus baby picking them up earlier than the scheduled pick up time.
Co workers get screwed because the bonus baby won't lift a finger to ever help! On all of these trips the cover driver takes over on bonus baby's days off and had to "try" to keep up with unrealistic standards! They punch in and are already 2 hours over because bonus baby sorts his truck for free! OH and if bonus baby makes "too much" bonus the company and their red flags take it back! So LETS SEE ... Give the company 3 hours for free and work Unsafely every day to make 90 clicks of bonus!! NO THANKS. I'll make my $ my way!! VOTE BONUS OUT

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
VOTE IT OUT!! Everyone in my center and I say EVERYONE who makes any bonus is breaking the rules!!
Let's start by working off the clock on the morning! We have a few who beat the sups into work!! YES. In their trucks at 6 am for a 830 start time!!
Let's not forget that they all "put an hour" in the board and shove a 711 hot dog down their mouth in 2 minutes and keep it moving!! Working unsafe all day by rushing and not following methods! The customer gets screwed by the bonus baby picking them up earlier than the scheduled pick up time.
Co workers get screwed because the bonus baby won't lift a finger to ever help! On all of these trips the cover driver takes over on bonus baby's days off and had to "try" to keep up with unrealistic standards! They punch in and are already 2 hours over because bonus baby sorts his truck for free! OH and if bonus baby makes "too much" bonus the company and their red flags take it back! So LETS SEE ... Give the company 3 hours for free and work Unsafely every day to make 90 clicks of bonus!! NO THANKS. I'll make my $ my way!! VOTE BONUS OUT
Try not to mince words.

ColBoz

Orion just hit our center 2 months ago...Orion team left April 2....how's this going to play on bonus??? Are they going to strip it alway?

wayfair

swollen member

your argument isn't against people that make bonus.
it's about people that work off the clock... file on those people!