Bring on the concessions!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
This is the problem with this stupid site. 4 times and my posts don't get approved. So one sided in this anti Hoffa house of bs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is the problem with this stupid site. 4 times and my posts don't get approved. So one sided in this anti Hoffa house of bs.
I went back and looked and it appears the reason your posts were not approved is because of your violating the TOS.
For normal members who have not landed themselves in the Moderator queue, their posts are not checked for TOS compliance.
For the Queued members, every post is reviewed by a Moderator and if it is not TOS compliant, it is deleted.
Sorry, that's just the way it works.
Personal attacks instead of discussing the topic is a big reason for deletions.
Use of words like idiot, :censored2:, and stupid sends the cursor towards the Delete button.

Apparently, you have not seen the TOS page so here are a few helpful guidelines.

2. THREATEN or HARASS OTHERS. You are free to add members to your ignore list if they annoy you. You are also free to report them if they have offended you. Threatening or harassing others is not allowed, even if you think they deserve it.

3. BE CREEPY. Protect privacy, everyone's privacy. You wouldn't like it if you discovered that someone else had posted your name, your face, or a pic of your Mom here. That's creepy, don't be creepy.

4. THWART LANGUAGE FILTERS. Using spaces between letters, strange characters or misspellings to get around the language filters to post filtered words is annoying. Your vocabulary is bigger than that. Curse words are not okay. We know you know what that means.

6. CALL SOMEONE A "POOP HEAD". You may be correct about the composition of their head, but don't make disparaging remarks or derogatory comments about other members. Debate the issue; not the person. That means no name calling, okay?

7. TROLLING. What is trolling? Making extreme rude, disparaging or inflammatory comments just to get an emotional response. If you see someone "trolling" please use the report link to alert the moderators/troll catchers.

And for your viewing pleasure, you can view the entire Terms and Rules page here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mine got better, sky just got higher. The imposing was about the worst thing that could have happened, though, should have done it differently.

They tried to do it differently----they could have had you guys vote again and again----the results would have been the same.

The IBT did what was right for the majority of their members.

upschuck

They tried to do it differently----they could have had you guys vote again and again----the results would have been the same.

The IBT did what was right for the majority of their members.
That would have been different, Everywhere that had not come up with an alternative plan, take that part off the table and have that part be effective immediately(like the other things they did that with), and let them vote on the rest of the contract. If they had not come up with a different plan by then, then they weren't going to, meaning that Teamcare was going to be their plan. Then they could vote on the other aspects of the contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have had a Teamster healthcare plan since Day 1 and, to be honest, it has served the medical needs to myself and my family quite well. $45 out of pocket for braces is nothing to complain about.

I used to laugh when it came time to bring my daughter to get new glasses. She hated our limited selection-----she called it the "welfare rack"-----but when I suggested that she could take the allowance that we get, choose her own frames and pay the difference, she was suddenly able to find a pair off of that rack that she liked.

Teamcare has forced us to be better medical consumers. Gone are the days of running to the ER with the sniffles.

Our local just sent out a letter regarding changes to our plan. Any member with a working spouse who is eligible to enroll in healthcare through his or her employer for no more than 5% of their weekly gross is required to do so. Failure to comply will result in loss of coverage as of the 1st of the year. I do hope those for whom this does apply do not throw this letter in to the trash as it could come back to bite them in the butt down the road.

upschuck

Our local just sent out a letter regarding changes to our plan. Any member with a working spouse who is eligible to enroll in healthcare through his or her employer for no more than 5% of their weekly gross is required to do so. Failure to comply will result in loss of coverage as of the 1st of the year. I do hope those for whom this does apply do not throw this letter in to the trash as it could come back to bite them in the butt down the road.
Haven't got that letter yet, but my spouse wouldn't be eligible for that anyways.

My Teamcare got better when contract passed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
IBT did what was right for the majority of their members.

And was provided for, in the IBT Constitution. But people still want to rehash the subject.

I used to laugh when it came time to bring my daughter to get new glasses. She hated our limited selection-----she called it the "welfare rack"-----but when I suggested that she could take the allowance that we get, choose her own frames and pay the difference, she was suddenly able to find a pair off of that rack that she liked.

I still chuckle when you tell that story.

Even with the company plan (my Local had 2 providers) eye glasses were never 100%.

Unless, you picked from the "welfare rack".

Teamcare has forced us to be better medical consumers. Gone are the days of running to the ER with the sniffles.

Talked with a member who was complaining about having to go to Urgent Care instead of

the ER, because he wasn't "felling good". And I apologize if this seems harsh....

But the guy is morbidly obese, and doesn't seem to use any of his dental benefits.

That's just being plain lazy.

My Teamcare got better when contract passed.

It's funny....

TeamCare is good enough, for 1000's of other Teamsters.

But not good enough, for a small fraction of UPS members who feel they are more entitled.

-Bug-

anHOURover

Are you gonna give it a chance to see it improve?

I'm not saying Teamcare is bad insurance.
We are just angry that we were lied to
It's not comparable to what we had. The lying is reason JH lost every ups local that experienced the change.
If they were honest I think many would be more trusting of our leadership