Brown Cafe Cruise Thread

over9five

Staff member
So, anyone have suggestions on must dos at the following places?

Grand Turk (Alright, we've been here before and know what we're doing this time!)

La Romana

Curacao

Aruba

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Nope- Haven't been to those places yet.
Just as a side note- Dear Wife wants to go back to Alaska for our 20th wedding anniversey in 2016. Mean time, we might sneak off to the eastern carribiean in early 2014.

old levi's

blank space
Just got back from 3 weeks of pure heaven in Alaska. Princess has Alaska down pat. Now if they could just fix the vibration problem in the port engine on the Diamond Princess.
Could always be worse. I had F4 Phantoms landing on the flight deck all night long for a year while I was cruising. You learn to sleep through it.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We took a Panama Canal cruise that stopped in Aruba for our 25th anniversary. While in port we did a sailboat / snorkeling excursion. That took all day so we didn't spend any time on the island. The thing I remember most about Aruba was that we got to go snorkeling over a ship wreck, we really enjoyed that. It looked like a great place to dive too. If you do scuba that would be even more interesting.

We haven't been to any of the other ports.

I'd love it if we could get together another bc cruise. Maybe in 2013?

over9five

Staff member
I'd love it if we could get together another bc cruise. Maybe in 2013?
Just an idea:

Some people have never been on a cruise and are not sure if they'd like it, OR don't want to spend the money for a 7 day cruise.
I was thinking for Brown Cafe Cruise II, we could book a 3 day AND a 4 day on the same ship. That way those of us who like 7 day cruises would have that, and those who just want to sample can do either the 3 or 4 day. Generally, ships that do a 3 day/4 day schedule go to different ports on each part of their schedule.

We might be able to attract more BCers this way!

fethrs

Stay away from Mexico. I see they are starting to rob bus loads of tourists there.

My cousin has a place down there and goes every weekend, no problems on the road. I've been going since I was about 12 yrs old and have never had any issues. I love it down there

I suppose it depends on where you go.

fethrs

Just an idea:

Some people have never been on a cruise and are not sure if they'd like it, OR don't want to spend the money for a 7 day cruise.
I was thinking for Brown Cafe Cruise II, we could book a 3 day AND a 4 day on the same ship. That way those of us who like 7 day cruises would have that, and those who just want to sample can do either the 3 or 4 day. Generally, ships that do a 3 day/4 day schedule go to different ports on each part of their schedule.

We might be able to attract more BCers this way!

If the cruise was planned for 2013 I think I could go, I would love to do it. That would give me time to save up some cashola and get the time off.

Keep us posted!

rod

Retired 22 years

My cousin has a place down there and goes every weekend, no problems on the road. I've been going since I was about 12 yrs old and have never had any issues. I love it down there

I suppose it depends on where you go.

These American tourists were on a bus side trip in Porta Vallarta and were off the cruise ship Carnival Splendor. I bet now that the "bandits " got away with it once there wil be a rash of copycat holdups at other Mexican tourist traps. One of the ladies that was robbed said she had been down there many times and "nothing like that had happened before" -thats alls I'm saying.

rocket man

I think the same sort of cruise is a good idea because now that we've "broken the ice", everyone will feel a wee bit safer. Klein has good idea's, but I think we should do a cruise because of how you first time BC cruiser's felt about this one. Let's start this one the same as the last, by dropping feelers and seeing who is interested and what time of year would suit most.

BTW Klein, we lifted our glasses to you at Miller's Ale House, for making such a great suggestion. Javier, at MY Miller's asked how everything went and I told him we were all very satified with the Miller's in North Miami Beach.

Tony, thanks again for your generosity. And as for all of you Bon Voyager's, I had a great time and am bummed that I didn't go on this cruise with such a nice bunch of people.
steve ride your bike there and wait for us

brown bomber

brown bomber
I'm in......gonna start sculpting my body.......to impress

NOT......I'm tired, and beat up.......I'd love to join, accept me who I am, or to hell w/ you